32.

I arrived at Tom's house in London late the next day. I had managed to rest pretty well on the plane, but the whole time zone thing had thrown me. So I was pretty exhausted. Tom greeted me at the door.

"Emmy!" He said, hugging me. "How was your flight?"

"It was not the worst flight I've ever been on." I answered as I followed him back inside. Tom laughed. He showed me around his house and to the guest room I'd be using while I stayed with him. I dropped my gear off, and we headed into the kitchen. He was mid dinner prep. I offered to help him, but he waved me off. So I sat at the kitchen bench and watched him, while I drank a glass of red wine.

"What are we having?" I asked.

"I thought I'd make something very un-English. I hand rolled pasta earlier today. So I thought I'd just do a butter sage sauce. And some bruschetta." Tom said. "I also have this cream of mushroom soup I made. It's come out quite well I think." He dipped a spoon into the pot and offered it to me. It tasted amazing. Creamy and woody and with the soft bite of chives.

"Fuck me. That's delicious. You didn't have to do all this for me."

"I quite like cooking really. It's nice having someone here to do it for." He said. "I do have a very English pudding happening in the oven. Sticky toffee."

"Oh god yes. How are you not married?" I asked.

"I don't know. I think I just like being single. I travel so much. It doesn't lend itself well to family life." Tom said. "Besides if I was married we wouldn't be able to have the arrangement we have."

"Well I don't know about that. I'm nearly married and we have the arrangement we have." I teased. "Just got to marry the right person."

Tom laughed. "I think people like you and Chris may be few and far between, darling."

We sat down at his kitchen table and ate. Catching up and really spending the first alone time together for a year now. It was nice just getting to just be his friend again.

* * * * *

The following day Tom and I went for a run in Regent's Park and then headed over to King's Cross Station to meet up with Gaby. Gaby and I got very distracted by Platform 9 and ¾ and spent way too much money buying Harry Potter Merchandise in the shop. We then went back to Tom's place to drop Gaby's things off and headed over to Harrod's to see if we could find anything they'd each be happy to wear as my bridal attendants.

Walking through Harrod's made me feel anxious and on edge. This place was not for me. It perplexed me that it was for anybody. There was a pair of bedazzled jeans shorts in the teen section that cost £200. That's like $350. For jeans shorts. Jeans shorts with plastic rhinestones on them.

We started out in the menswear section. I had my colour swatches so we could make sure the grey wasn't too far from the grey in my dress.

"So do you have any ideas what you might want me to wear?" Tom asked as we strolled through the designer men's wear department.

I held up the fabric swatches. "This is what I know. These two colours. That's it."

Tom laughed and hooked his arm around mine. "You don't have an idea about designers?"

"Suits have designers?" I asked. I stopped and looked at a grey jacket. It was Dior and I flipped the price tag over. "I think I'm going to throw up, right on this £1200 jacket."

Gaby stopped and shook her head. "I don't think we should have come here."

Tom dragged us both into a hug, laughing loudly. "You really need to just relax, darlings. Emily, this is your wedding we're talking about, and it's not like you don't have the money. Also, I have the money. Everything will be fine."