36.

I woke up to my alarm and my stomach was in knots. I tried to breathe through the nausea that was pressing down on me but I couldn't quite get it under control. I rolled out of bed and dashed to the bathroom, vomiting into the toilet.

I heard the door to the room close and Gaby appeared in the bathroom.

"Emily!" She squeaked.

I stood up and flushed.

"Are you okay?" She asked.

I nodded. "Uh huh. I think so. I might just have a shower."

Gaby gave me a concerned look but left me alone. I showered and washed my hair. When I was done I went out to the lounge room in my towel. Gaby was sitting picking over the room service that must have arrived while I was in the shower.

"Are you sick?" Gaby asked. "You going to be able to do today?"

I shook my head. "I'm sure it's just stress."

"You want some tea? There's toast here. Might settle your stomach." Gaby suggested.

I nodded my head. "I'll just go put some clothes on."

I went and dressed in yoga pants. I needed a button up shirt so I could take it off without ruining my hair after we'd been to the hairdresser. I was digging through our luggage and found one of Chris' blue plaid shirts. He'd already worn it and I held it to my face and inhaled his scent before putting it on.

"Aww... look at you." Gaby said when I came back in. "Can't even go one night without putting his shirts on."

I sat down and took a sip of tea. "Not even a whole night. He snuck in before midnight."

"You guys. You're too cute for your own good." Gaby squealed. I pulled a face at her.

There was a knock at the door and Amelia came in. "You ready to go get your hair done girl?" Amelia asked.

I jumped to my feet. "Yep! Let's do this!"

We had booked the salon down the street from the hotel for the morning. While I had the colour reapplied to my hair and it braided, styled and set in large curls, various guests and other people in the wedding came and went. Lisa, Shanna, Carly and Tara all came down in a group. Gaby tattled on me to Lisa.

"This has been going on for weeks now, Emily." Lisa said. The way she spoke made me feel like I was in trouble.

"I know. To be fair, it's not like I don't have a lot on my mind right now." I explained, picking at my fingernails.

Lisa grabbed my hand. "Don't ruin your nails." She scolded.

"They're gel. It would take my hand being run over by a train to ruin them, and even then, I think they'd come out okay."

"Are you going to be okay for this afternoon?" She asked.

"Yeah of course. I feel okay now. Please don't tell Chris. He's just going to think I'm planning on standing him up." I pleaded.

She scowled at me. "I can't promise that I'm not going to tell Chris."

"I swear, I'm fine. Look I'm getting ready. I'll be there. I told Chris if I still felt bad tomorrow I'd go see a doctor. It's all good."

She gave me a look that told me she wasn't convinced, but she let it drop.

After I had my hair done, Gaby, Amelia and I headed back to the hotel to get ready. Tom was waiting for us in my suite with a photographer, makeup artist and a table full of food.