Chapter 1

Just before you start, i want to let you know that this book is first official book that I have started writing since I was 14 (I am now 19). I know the chapters are short, but when I was jotting down the story I was going along the lines of a short story.

But anyway I hope you like this book!

If not, check my profile for other - much better - books I've written!

Disclaimer:
All quotes, images and characters names were directly taken off google. Any similarites to another story is a mere coincidence.

------------------------------

“Laurel, just one more glass” A very drunk Lindy pleaded.                                                                       

“I can’t, you know I’m working the breakfast shift tomorrow”                                                                 
I lied.                                                                                                                 
I actually took a few days off without Lindy knowing. The problem wasn’t that I was worried I’d be going off the wagon again, no, I’ve been sober for almost a year now. Loosing my Father had been too much to handle. It was the fact that we were in a cabin within the Haye’s pack territory and inviting a vampire along to party, probably wasn’t a very good idea on Lindy’s part.
But she didnt know.
No one really does.

I found out the hard way. After my father passed on, he left me a few things on werewolves and vampires. It was a lot to take in. He studdied them and there was even evidence on looking for a cure, even though he was a hunter. I learnt about their laws and even how to identify them when they weren’t in their paranormal forms. Vampires were the easiest. With their golden eyes, milk-white skin and well know fangs, they were hard to miss. Every werewolf had a marking, packless or not, and those belonging to a pack had symbols carved into their bodies – filled with ink – and drawn in detail in my father’s journals. There was even a declaration of peace signed between them, refraining from any disputes.

"You sure you want to leave?” Brian, her boy-toy asked.

I was on my way to my car when I heard footsteps followed by gruff voices. The sound led me towards the back of the cabin, and among the trees, two wolves were attacking someone. I dared to move closer, only to see them aggressively bite the vampires head off. I involuntary screamed as blood splattered all over the place. I stared wide eyed as they transformed back to human, and only then did I realise they notticed me. They were coming towards me, so I ran as fast as I could, until I felt something hard at the back of my head.