Chapter 22

"Where is the stupid ass Doc when you need him?" Calum complained and angrily threw his phone against the wall.                                                                                                   We were in Damian's room, my head in his arms.                                                                                               "Is he still not answering?" Nat asked.                                                                                                            "No shit" Calum glared at her.                                                                                                                "Luckily, Delores knows first aid" Rhett said from the end of the bed.                                           "I still don't understand how it happened. You've got to believe me, guys. I swear I'm not crazy, but no one was near to hurt me" I said trying to state my case. I felt like a mental patient trying to convince the judge that I was sane. That's how desperate I seemed. But no one said anything.                                                  

"No one believes me" I sighed.                                                                                                               "It’s not that, Laurel" Brett assured.                                                                                           "Then what is it?" I asked taking the mug of coffee from Leo.                                                        "We do believe you" Haley said smiling.                                                                                                    "We just...don't know of another explanation for what happened" Luke said, adjusting the spectacles on his nose.                                                                                               “Another? So that means that you do have an explanation, but you’re not thinking it’s possible to have happened to me?”                                                                              "That's not important. What is important is that you're safe. That's all that matters" Damian said and kissed my forehead.                                                                           My survival wasn't enough for me. I still wanted answers.                                                      "Let's leave her to rest" He said and walked out, the rest treading on his heels. Haley stayed behind.                                                                                                           "You done with that?" She asked, referring to my mug. I nodded and handed it over.      

                                                                                                                                              "Haley, there is more to what happened to my arm, isn’t there?" I asked, curious to know her answer. She looked at the room door and then sat down next to me.                                                                                                                                   "Damian thinks that he might have imprinted on you" She whispered. Imprinting. There was nothing about that in my Father's journals.                                                      "What does that mean?" I asked her.                                                                                            "It’s more than just a physical link between two beings, its spiritual and mental, among other things. It allows you to be closer to someone. You can share almost every possible feeling and sometimes even thoughts. And also...pain, something you felt today as a result of him having Kellian's claws dug into his left arm. This is why he thinks he might've imprinted on you" Haley said excitedly.                                                                                                                                             

"When did this happen?" I asked, feeling a bit overwhelmed.                                                                                                              "He doesn't know. But there are only three ways. Biting, carving of the pack's mark and being intimate".                                                                                                                      "So I suggest you stay out of Damian's pants for a while" She laughed.                                                           "Don't you think I would, if I could?”                                                                                                                                    "I'm guessing his family's not going to be too happy about this?" I asked raising my eyebrows.                                                                                                                                   "The rest of us are, but Michael is going to freak. As for Colette, she'll probably kill you, which is why you shouldn't let anyone know that I've told you all this. I don't want to be making any last wishes anytime soon, if I'm granted any" she joked nervously.