Chapter 14

My body still felt a bit numb, but I was able enough to walk. I checked the empty space beside me. It looked as though he stayed with me for a while. I looked outside the window. It seemed to be past midday already. Did I really sleep so long? Motivated by the extreme abdominal sounds I was having, I steadily got up from the bed. I wasn't far from the kitchen. It sounded like someone was having an argument but I was too far away to make out the voices. When I was inches away from the entrance, everyone went silent.

As I entered the kitchen, everyone stared at me and then seconds later continued to talk or comfort me. "You should be sitting" Luke said and led me to the nearest chair. "You still tired? Or hungry, you must be hungry" Brett said. "I'd eat anything right now" I admitted. My eyes locked onto Damian's. We gave each other respectable smiles. "Sweetness, do you have any idea how adorable you are when you sleep?" Calum asked after he sat down across from me. "If by adorable you mean really bad bed hair and drool all over the bedding, then yes, I do know" I replied with a slight smile. Brett and Luke laughed.

I found Colette and Jason in the kitchen as well. She still seemed mad. "What are you looking at?". "I'm not so sure about that yet" I said. "Oh my God, you are seriously getting to me now" she started coming at me when Jason pulled her back and took her into the back of the kitchen. "You are going to love this" Haley said as she placed the food before me. "It's sort of like a Chinese dish with Caribbean spices. Delores calls it chi-beans" Natalie said. I looked at the food and starting stuffing whatever I could fit into my mouth.

"Wow, she's really hungry" Leo remarked. I didn't care how messy or disgusting I looked. All I knew was that I was so hungry; it was as though I hadn't eaten for weeks. "Are you sure you're not pregnant?" Michael asked. I couldn't tell if he was serious or just kidding. "Father, that's enough" Damian said sternly. "I've said this before but I'll tell you again, I'm not going to be very happy if she turns up being pregnant after all" Michael said and stormed out the room.