Chapter 12

"Excuse me?". "Oh you heard me alright. We're going to do some training" He said. "Brett, I'm in no mood for this right now" I said honestly. I don't know why, but I still haven't been feeling too great. "Relax it's just some basic moves. After what happened with Damian, I thought it would be good idea if you knew how to defend yourself. Look we can even do it in slow motion, if you really want" He said and tugged on my hands. "Ok fine, but only if it's in slow mo" I said and followed him out the room.

When I reached the battle arena, which was its official name, everyone was there already waiting for me - well, except Michael, Colette, Jason and Damian. I was wearing some seriously sexy training gear that Haley and Nat put together for me. Wearing black and red soft leather, I walked down the steps into the arena.

"Oooh, someone's looking HOT!" Calum said. "You're so fine girl you got me going outta my mind" He sang, accepting a high five from Rhett. "Look guys, I don't mean to be rude, but can you like not watch me train today?" I asked. "Sure, I mean we don't want to be here when Brett gets his ass kicked" Luke said which got him Brett's attention, making him run after him and tackle him the ground. "Yeah, I mean it's your first time, we'll give you some space" Natalie said. "Besides, we want to see you in action" Rhett said with a broadened smile. "I can honestly say that I'm not looking forward to that" I said. "Let's see if we can get through some basics first" Brett said while sitting on top of Luke.

"Yeah, just take it easy on her bro" Rhett said. "And if he keeps messing with you, you know where to find me" Calum said and gave Brett the 'I'm watching you' expression. "Goodluck" The girls said simultaneously. "It's unbelievable how overprotective you guys are" I said. "It's our nature".

So the moves that Brett showed me initially weren't as bad as I thought they would be. Obviously adding speed to it would increase the difficulty. "So, what do think about your first day of training?". "It doesn't look that bad, but right now, I'm just really tired" I said as we were walking up the steps. "Yeah, but just know this, when your bandages come off, I'm showing you no mercy". "Brett? I don't feel so..."

When I opened my eyes Calum was by my side. "Oh thank the Lord! She's awake people" He said. I noticed that my bandages had been removed. "Hey, you doing ok?" Brett appeared at my side. "Yeah, did I faint?" I asked and sat up from the couch I was on with help from Calum and Brett. "Yes. And we called the Doctor, he just finished checking up on you" Haley said. "Laurel, this is a good friend of mine, Doctor Williams" Michael introduced. He was back from his trip. "Ms Carter? You seem to be doing fine. There seems to be nothing out of the ordinary" He said. "Then what's wrong with her?" Nat asked before I could say anything. "I thought that she had a poor diet, which is why I went to talk to Delores. But seeing that you have been eating, it's probably just physical exertion that you've been through". I frowned. "She hasn't been doing much. I mean, today I took her to the battle arena, but we didn't even do anything worthy of breaking a sweat" Brett pointed out. "Well then there's only one thing that comes to mind, judging from the scratches on your body..." "What" I asked. "Well, how long ago did you and Damian..." "Laurel and I are not mates, Doctor Williams. She's simply a guest" Damian said quickly from a far corner in the room. I didn't even notice that he was in the room. But my mind was reeling as I looked at the Doctor's expression. "Wait, you think I'm pregnant?" I was surprised and I could tell that no one else in the room even thought about that, until I mentioned it. "Damian..." Michael looked shocked. "Well until the blood tests tell us something, that's the story I'm sticking to" He said. "We'll leave so you can take her blood" Michael said leaving the room but not taking his eyes off his son. Everyone else followed. Damian took a seat next to me. "I'm not pregnant" I half-said-half-asked Damian. "No, I would never...".

My eyes widened at the sight of the needles the Doctor was preparing. "You okay?" Damian asked. "Yeah, I'm just not particularly fond of needles" I said with a nervous laugh. Damian laughed as well but still held my hand. "Don't be scared. I'm here".