Chapter 13

So it turns out those 2 pints of blood wasn't enough. He had to take three. "I'll agree he's not the ideal Doctor you would have in mind..." "Ideal? The guy is nuts! First he comes up with this crazy idea that I'm pregnant, then he decides that 1 pint of blood isn't going to be enough only because he is usually so careless and always ends up losing them, who loses blood anyways? 'Oh but don't worry, just about three pints should be enough, Ms Carter', and now he can't find his thick needles? And how thick should they even be?" I couldn't stop myself from ranting. "Calm down, Laurel" He said and held me in his arms, playing with my hair.

I sat like that for what seemed like hours. I felt strangely safe with him close to me. But I didn't like how easily Damian's personality could switch. It only confused me. I was so wrapped up in my thoughts that I didn't even hear the Doctor re-enter the room. Or realize that I was being injected. I only realized that whatever needed to be done was as a matter of fact - done, when I was being picked up by Damian.

#He carried me to my bed and placed me beneath the covers. Placing my hands and feet properly as I didn't even have the energy or will to do it myself. "Stay" I whispered with my eyes closed, not knowing if he was still in the room or not.

(#-Lay me down by Sam Smith plays in the background)