Chapter 10

Dinner was pretty awkward. And what made matters worse was that Haley made me sit down on the right side of him, with him - obviously - at the head of the table. "There's an open seat next to Brett, I'll sit there" I said hoping that Damian wouldn't hear. "Nonsense, you're the guest, you get to sit near the head of the table" She said. Delores looked at me, her lips pressed into a thin line as she served the starters. I slowly sat down and caught an angry stare from Jason across the table. I frowned at him and Damian smirked. "Hey, where's Michael? Haley asked. "He said he's headed out to town" Jason answered gruffly. "Delores? I hardly have anything in my bowl" Colette complained. "Yes, somehow everything ended up on the kitchen floor" she said slowly and gave Damian a look, before returning to the kitchen.

I nearly choked on the mushroom sauce, and tried to muffle my coughs. Damian seemed to be enjoying my reaction as he laughed wistfully. I didn't bother looking up. If I did they might have suspected something and I couldn't have that. "Luke, give me yours" Colette demanded. "You're welcome" Luke said to himself as she reached over the table to snatch the bowl from his hand. "So, I finally think I'm getting a hang of archery" Natalie said excitedly. "Really? Because none of your shots were on target" Rhett said. Everyone laughed. "What? No, that was someone else's board that you were looking at" She said defending. "Sure Nat" Leo teased. "So how you're feeling now, Sweetness?" Calum asked pouting his lips. "Much better. The tabs Brett got me really helped" I said. "Yeah, you were out a while" Brett said. "I needed the sleep" I said honestly. "I still want to know what happened" Haley said. "It's nothing that concerns you" Damian spat. "I'm just saying what everyone else is thinking, that you're the one that hurt her" She continued. "He probably had reason to" Colette said in a bad imitation of my voice. "I've come across rotting bodies that are less offensive than you" I said with a sweet smile. Damian sat back in his chair with his arms crossed and a sly grin on his face, probably waiting for the bitch fight to go wild. "You're lucky my brother saved your sorry ass, if it were up to me, you'd be dead so long ago" She said. Wait...did she just say brother? "Yes, I am lucky. At least I wasn't the reason my mother ran away" I said testily.

Brett told me that Damian's fully human mother ran away as soon as Colette started transforming. It was different with Damian; because he was born a true Alpha he was able to manage his aggressiveness from a young age. "Oh shit!!" Leo said. "Yes girls, get into it!" Rhett cheered on. But much to my surprise, Colette just looked like I had taken her off guard and in a few minutes she left the room. "Guys, I think we finally found someone that might be able to put Colette in her place" Brett said. "Oh yes people, no more torture!" Leo cheered. "Leo? You're the only one she tortures" Natalie pointed out. "No he's not" Luke said with a sigh. Jason angrily got up from the table. "What's the commotion about?" Delores came out from the kitchen asking. "Sweetness over here just put Colette in her place. Goddammit, I love em feisty" Calum winked at me and I smiled and slowly shook my head. "Well then, Laurel if you're so good in putting people in their place, why don't you bring Damian over to help you clean up the mess the two of you made in the kitchen back there, while the two of you were busy exploring each other's mouths?" She said cheekily. My face burned with embarrassment. "Looks like someone's being getting personal cooking lessons" Haley teased. I didn't have the courage to look at Damian's expression. "Dude? You're into cooking now? Wow man, that's great!" Rhett said excitedly and came all the way to Damian to pat him on his back. "You're such a vibe killer, man" Leo said disappointed, and picked up a few dishes taking them to the kitchen. I hurriedly finished whatever was left in my plate and disappeared into my room.