Anniversary

In which the Joker forgets his anniversary with Harley.

~~~

Harley's POV

Finally, after a lot of waiting, the day has come. It is the anniversary of Mr. J and I! I had this marked on my calendar, and I made sure to remind Mr. J constantly. Like while we were eating, walking, in bed, out on our 'date nights'. So that way he will definitely not forget it, like most men do. Plus, he isn't like most men, so it should all be okay!

I stretched my arms, and then legs, then sat back down on the bed the Joker and I shared. It was a pretty big bed with purple sheets, and I must say very comfortable.

I woke up about ten minutes ago, with no one by my side, so I assumed that he was gone making me breakfast in bed or some cute stuff like that. So I decided to stay put where I was.

First, I tried to go back to sleep. I rolled around to each side, trying my best to sleep but it wouldn't work. The sun was peeking out through the covered windows, which made me want to go outside and feel the warmth on my skin. But not until Mr. J comes in through those doors with my breakfast. Oh wait... he must be struggling, that's why he is taking so long! I should give him more time.

I stayed there for a couple more minutes, until the door swung open and a happy looking Joker walked inside the room. Holding...nothing.

"G'morning, Puddin'!" I say excitingly, jumping off the bed. It was pretty cold in the room, so my bare legs and arms had goosebumps all over them. I should've probably wore something warmer to bed last night...not shorts and a tank top.

"Morning." He was rummaging through one of his shelves, until he pulled out a large paper roll where he put most of his schemes to kill the Bat on.

"What are ya doin'?" I asked, crossing my arms as I watched him intently. He was leaning down, which gave me a pretty good view of his backside. I smirked at the sight, but decided to ignore it at the moment.

He got up, then turned to me with one of his signature grins. "Since I don't have anything to do today, might as well meet up with the ol' Batsy." He walked away from me and out of the room, leaving me standing there with wide eyes and an open mouth.

Is he serious right now? He forgot it?

If this were one of those old cartoons, I would have steam coming out through my ears and a bright red face. Even though the steam isn't possible, a middle finger is.

But no. I'll give him another chance to try and remember.

I go over to my closet and grab my anniversary outfit, which was a red vintage pencil dress, with sleeves covering my shoulders and a loose bow on the front. Mr. J picked out this outfit, so I hope he will understand once he sees me.

When I put the dress on, I slipped on my black pumps and then decided to do some light makeup, and let my hair loose. Once I gave one last look in the full body mirror, I left the room and through the hallway, into Mr. J's office.