Sick

In which the Joker has a cold.

~~~

Harley's POV

When I woke up, I expected Mr. J to be out of the bed and doing his business like every morning, but instead I found him sound asleep beside me, snoring loudly, with his back facing me. Although I thought this was absolutely adorable, I was still slightly worried for him. I mean, why would he sleep so late?

I looked over to the alarm clock sitting on the nightstand by my side of the bed, and it read 8:04 AM. I turn back to him and gently place a hand on his shoulder to wake him up. Which doesn't get even the slightest reaction from him.

I shake him lightly, but that just makes him grab my hand and pull it to his chest as if it were a teddy bear. This resulted in me crashing onto his side, and that seemed to finally wake him. He shot up from bed, slightly shoving me onto the side, as if he just woke from a nightmare.

"Good morning, Puddin'. It's eight o'clock. Are you alright?" I ask gently, putting my hand back on his shoulder. He was facing away from me, in a sitting position, staring at the wall.

He was silent for a moment, until I heard a quiet sniffle. "I'm sick." His voice cracked when he said 'sick', and my eyes widened.

"Oh, Mr. J. You have that cold that's been spreading for a while!" I crawled out of the bed and walked in front of him, then placed my hand on his forehead.

It was a normal temperature, which meant he didn't have a fever so that was good. "Am I dying?" The Joker asked me with worry and sadness in his icy blue eyes, which made me feel sad, looking at him like this.

"No, Puddin'. You'll be just dandy in a few days or so." He fell onto his back whole groaning loudly and rubbing his face.

"In a few days or so? I don't have that much time. I have things planned, Harls. I can't just sit here and do nothin'."

I stood there with a smile, and waited for him to stop complaining.

"I won't be able to go to the club on these days, or try and take over Gotham city... because I am stuck with this fucking cold." He reminded me of a child in his current state, which always make me feel like the mother of the situation.

"There is a plus side though..." I say, biting my lip to try and keep myself from laughing. Normally he tells me to never keep in my laughs, but now is definitely not the appropriate time.

He sits up, with a smirk on his face. "Oh really? And what is that, exactly?"

"I get to to take care of you today." I say, with a big grin on my face. He grinned back at me, flashing me his silver teeth.

"Well if you insist..." He goes back to his side of the bed and covers himself with a blanket. "I am ready. I would like breakfast."

I raise my eyebrow, but decide not to question it. "I'll be right back with some eggs n' toast."

I hurried out of the room, through the hallway, and downstairs all the way to the kitchen.

"Eggs and toast it is."
~~~

I walked back up the stairs, carrying a tray with a plate of scrambled eggs, two pieces of toast and some bacon. Next to it is Joker's favorite mug that has a Batman logo on it, filled with some honey and lemon.

It all looked great.

Once I reached the room, I knocked the door with my foot, hoping he would open it for me. Although the only thing I heard was him saying, "Harley dear, I'm currently unable to move, so you will have to open the door yourself." Men seriously confuse me.

First I kneeled down lightly to try and turn the doorknob, but that doesn't work. So I stand up again and try with my foot, and after a long while of trying, I finally got it. Then I realized I could've set the tray down and open the door like a normal person would. Then again, I am not a normal person.

I swung the door open, and I was met with a very puffy and red faced looking Joker. It was a cute sight, seeing him all vulnerable. But I won't be getting used to it...

"Here ya go, Mr. J! I hope ya like it." I walk up to him and place the tray on his lap, and he looks at it with a smile.

"Looks good." He sat up slightly, resting his back against the headboard, then he took the fork. "What about you?"

"Oh, I'm fine. I'll have breakfast later, anyways. And Puddin'? Make sure ya drink up all your tea, it will help." He grimaced at the tea, then pouted.

"But you know I don't like tea." He whines to me, with pleading eyes.

"Well then ya won't get any better. Go on, Mr. J. Eat up. If ya need anything, I'll be downstairs."

~~~

I stood in the kitchen, washing the dishes, when I heard a loud "Harley!" from upstairs. It made me jump and let go of the current plate I was washing, which resulted in it shattering.

"Shit!" I was about to quickly get a broom and sweep it away before Mr. J sees it, but then I hear him yell my name again, so I forget about it and run upstairs.

When I reach the room, I open the door to find him sprawled on the bed, with an open mouth and teary eyes. "Mr. J, what's going on?"

He sniffled loudly, then sighed. "Harley, when I die, I just wanted to say that I am proud of you, and that you should try and continue my legacy with Batman. And you tell him that I will never forget him, even in my grave." His voice was strained, and he looked tired.

I chuckled at his current state, then walked up to him. "Puddin', ya ain't gonna die. You'll be fine."

He lifted up his head and frowned. "I can't even breath through my nose, my head is pounding, and if I swallow just a little bit it feels like knives are slicing my throat. And you're telling me that I am not goin' to die? Pfft."

"What, you never had a cold before? That's normal." I sit beside him and put a hand on his thigh.

He immediately sat up, which resulted in him clutching his head and groaning. "Of course I had a cold before, but it's been a while..."

I smiled softly at him, and shrugged. "Hey, when you got such an awesome girlfriend, you got nothin' to worry about."

He smirked, and put his hand on top of my hand that was resting on his leg. "That's true. Harley girl, please get me some medicine."

I rolled my eyes, but then smiled. "Anythin' for you, Mr. J."

___

Hey!

I hope you liked the new chapter. I can actually relate to Joker in this one, because I had a cold for a while now and it sucks.

Anyways, if you liked it, please comment, vote, and share!

~N

___