Halloween

In which Harley and The Joker go trick or treating.

___

Today is Halloween. Normally for Halloween, Mr. J and I would stay at home and watch horror movies like "IT" and "The Nightmare on Elm Street". It never phased the big ol' Joker, but to myself, those movies scared the living shit out of me. So this year, I thought that maybe we could do something a little bit more...fun.

It was 4:46 PM, which meant we had about an hour till the sun sets and trick or treaters start showing up.

Wait a minute.

A grin sprung onto my face as I thought of a brilliant plan. Mr. J and I could trick or treat! This is perfect!

I jumped off of the couch I have been sitting on and munching on baby carrots for the past hour, and ran upstairs towards my bedroom. "Where is it, where is it..." I whispered to myself as I went to my closet and looked through all of my clothes. Finally I found it at the very back of the closet.

My jester suit and hat.

I pulled it out, scanning it up and down to check for any rips. Once I saw that it was all perfect, I put onto my bed and started to shrug out of my tight multi-colored shorts and shirt. I threw them onto the floor as I picked up the suit and stepped into it, slipping it on and zipping it all the way up. Once it was on, I stretched a little bit to get myself used to how tight it was, before grabbing the hat and mask and walking into the bathroom to fix my hair and makeup.

___

After about 20 minutes, it was all ready. I looked at myself in the mirror with a giant grin, tilting my head to the left, then the right, bobbing the little white jingle balls up and down. I had my black lipstick with a red tint, my white face paint to make myself even more pale than I already was, and my mask securely placed onto my face. I let out a giggle, before hearing a loud slam of the door downstairs.

Squealing out of happiness, I trotted out of the bathroom, through the hallway, and down the stairs to find the Joker standing there in his usual attire. "Hiya, Mr. J. Like my costume?" I ask him with a small giggle.

His eyes scan me up and down, before letting out a large laugh. "And why'd ya put all that on?" He asks me, taking a step closer.

"Well, I thought maybe you and I could go trick or treating. We could fool them all, puddin'!" I say, my grin not leaving my face.

He smirks, crossing his arms. "And what about our tradition of watching all those movies, hmm? Too scared?"

I squint my eyes at him, shaking my head. "No. I just thought we could do something a lil' different this year." He stays silent for a little bit, and I decided to add something else. "Just imagine their faces of terror once they see we're actually who we are stating to be."

Finally, a grin slowly fills his face. "Alright. But what am I supposed to be?"

"I'm sure you could figure that out by yourself." I say with a giggle. "Don't be too long, it's going to be dark soon. Meet you down here." I lightly place a kiss on his lips, teasing him a little. Before he decides to keep going and ruin my lipstick, I separate from him. Smirking, I turn around and strut towards the couch, making sure he gets a good view. I hear him mumbling something to himself, but I couldn't make out what that was.