Jack Napier

In which Harleen Quinzel and Jack Napier are together, before he becomes the Joker. 

(Requested by @Jared_hurricane_leto )

___

"Jack! Let go of me!" I giggled, hitting him playfully on the back. He had me swung over his shoulder, taking me to our bedroom. 

He grinned, but continued to hold me till he opened the door, then tossed me on the bed. I laughed out loud, feeling happy and content with everything. He crawled onto the bed and hovered over me, with a cheeky look in him. "Give it to me." 

I tightened the object that was in my hand, and shook my head. "Never!"

With a grin, he straddled me, then raised his hands in a threatening way. "You wouldn't..." I say, my eyes widening. 

"Oh, I would." His hands lunged at my stomach and started to tickle me violently, making me laugh and squirm around, tears starting to coat my eyes from laughing so much. "I won't stop till you give it to me!" He says, continuing to tickle me. 

After I finally got enough of this, I nodded sharply. "Ah, okay! Yes, I'll give it to you!"

Jack smiled proudly and stopped tickling me, but stayed where he was. I stuck out my hand, giving him his sock with had a ruby in it. "Thank you." He says, taking it from me, then planting a kiss onto my lips. I tried to deepen it to keep him from going, but he sensed what I was doing. "Ah ah. I have to go, Harleen. I'm sorry. But don't ya worry, I'll come back as soon as possible." Giving me one more peck on the lips, he got off of me and the bed, and put on his socks. Of course making sure he took the ruby out first. 

"Stay safe, Jack." I say, sitting up. 

He just smiled as a response, then walked out of the room, leaving me sitting there with no clue whether he'll be alright or not in a couple of minutes. 

___

I'm sitting on my couch with a bow in my hands, which is full of different flavors of ice cream, and watching the news. I normally never watch the news, but for some reason I feel obligated to, just in case there was something about Jack in there. He sent me a text saying everything is going great and he'll be home soon. But that was four hours ago. 

He told me he had to go help these mobsters with a robbery, in order to make some money to support both of our lives. His attempt at becoming a comedian didn't work - although I think he is the funniest out of them all - so this is what he ended up doing. 

Slowly, my eyelids start to feel heavy, and the ice cream bowl is slipping from my hands, until I hear a loud bang coming from outside. My eyes snap back open and I grip the bowl in my hands. I look around, then quickly grab the remote and pause the TV. 

Placing the bowl onto the table carefully, I stand up and peek through the curtains. My heart skipped a beat once I saw that Jack's car was there, which made me grin. I was about to run out of the house, till the door swung open roughly. Who I saw standing there was not Jack. 

My eyes widened at the man who was there. He had messy green hair and very pale skin. His clothes were damp and covered in a sort of white-ish, green-ish color, and were ripped. He seemed out of breath and deadly. "Harleyyyy!" He slurred, as if he were drunk. "How glad am I to see you."

I take the ice cream bowl from the table and throw it at the man, then run over to the kitchen to grab a knife. I heard him groan loudly, which made me shiver. 

I walked cautiously back to the place where the man was standing, with the knife pointed at him.  "Who are you?" I say, which all of a sudden seems to make him seem sad. 

"Oh Harls, you don't recognize me?" He says, stretching out his arms and taking a step forward to me. 

I took a step back and pointed the knife at him sharply. "I've never seen you in my life! Now get out of my house, you fucking creep!"

As I was saying this, he would take another step towards me, which made me take a step back. He kept doing this till my back hit the wall, and his face was inches by my own. I shut my eyes tightly, not sure what he was about to do. "Open your eyes, baby." 

I only closed them even more once he said that. I didn't want to look at him that closely. All of a sudden I felt a hand go around my neck tightly, not cutting my air completely, only in a threatening way. "C'mon." 

I open my eyes, feeling tears coat my eyes. I looked at the bridge of his nose, until he pulled my chin up. One my eyes saw his, I recognized them. They were the same icy blue eyes that I stare into every day of my life. The man I was married to. "...Jack..." A tear slips down my cheek, and he grins at me. It wasn't the same grin I was used to. This one was bigger. Evil. 

"Hello." He says, letting go of my neck. 

"W-what happened to you?" I ask, feeling scared and confused. 

"Ran in to the Batman, so one things leads to another, and now I am this." The way he talks was so foreign to me, it gave me shivers all the way down my spine. 

I was at loss of words. This all happened so fast, that I can barely process everything. "But I thought... that he was good? Why would he do this to you?" 

He grinned again, a small laugh coming out. "That's the thing. He ain't good. It's all a lie."

"Get away from me..." I said between my teeth, making him take a step back. "This is too much for me... just come back tomorrow. Leave me alone." 

He stands there for a second, then nods his head. "As you wish." He walked backwards for a little bit, then turned around and headed out of the house, slamming the door on the way out. 

"Goodbye, Jack." I whisper to no one. 

___

'Ello!

Hope you liked this chapter. I have a feeling it deserves a second part to it, but I'm not sure. Do you vote yay or nay? 

Don't be a silent reader! Comment, vote, and request away. 

___