Last Words

In which Harley and The Joker say their last words to each other.

(Warning: Angst)

___

I was sitting on the cold and hard ground, sobbing loudly as the Joker's dying body lay next to me, thick red blood staining his shirt. "Mr. J, you can't leave me!" I say, holding his head on my lap. He coughed up some blood, before looking up at me with a sad grin.

~Earlier that day~

J went off to one of his heists, and left me all alone at home with absolutely nothing to do. I tried everything. I tried calling some of my friends, non of them wanted to hang out, I tried eating but got full... I tried all of the indoor activities. And then Mr. J went and told me I can't go out anywhere without him. Pfft, like I can't take care of myself.

Huffing, I stand up from the couch and turn off the TV, getting bored of whatever was on it. I then walk over to the mirror, scan myself and what I was wearing, and then skip out of the house and into the chilly night. I decided that I was going to go find Mr. J and help him with the robbery. He might even be happy about it!

I grin as I skip along the sidewalk, remembering exactly which bank it was that he was robbing tonight. The roads were quiet at this time of the night. All I could hear was the occasional stray cats meowing and hissing. That is, until I reached the bank.

There was all kinds of sounds. Gun shots, screaming, crashing, yelling... but the sound that most caught my attention was laughing. A certain man's laugh. I walk towards the bank, but make sure that I am not in the way of anything.

As I stand and watch everything that is happening, I notice a certain black figure running towards the bank. My eyes widen as I realize it's the Bat.

I move from my spot so that I could see everything clearer. A group of people in animal costumes, who I already knew was J's henchmen, ran out of the bank carrying guns and bags full of what I assumed was money. But I didn't see Mr. J. Moving my spot once again behind a bush, so I could see what's happening in the inside, I notice that Batman and J were fighting hand to hand, and it was mostly my Puddin' who was getting hurt. My eyes widened as I watched them fight, and I was silently cheering Mr. J on in my head, knowing that he will win.

They then burst through the bank's door, and took a few steps back from each other. I heard J yell out, "Do your worst!". I grimace as I watch the Bat lunge at him again, throwing a hard punch to his face, making J spit out a bit of blood before he grins.

"Come on, Puddin'... you can do it..." I whisper, hoping some how he gets my message. They separate once again, and my heart calms for a second. That is, until Batsy pulls out a gun and points it at him.

"I am sick of chasing you around, Joker. I won't let you hurt any more innocent people. Turn yourself in, and this time I assure you, you will not escape. Or die." I hear Batman say, making my eyes widen and my heart race. He isn't bluffing...

Mr. J laughs loudly, before widening his arms and grinning. "I would never turn myself in."

No. No, no, no, no, no! J, he's not lying! How can he not notice that?!

Batman groans out loudly, before turning off the safety to the gun. "You have one last chance."

J taps his chin for a couple seconds, before looking up at him with a wide grin. "Still didn't change my mind." They stare at each other for a few seconds, before I hear what I've been dreading to hear.

A gunshot.

I screamed out, not believing what I just saw. The Joker took a couple steps back, looking down at his chest in shock. I screamed his name again, making both of them look at me. I jump out from behind the bush and ran towards my Puddin', as he fell down, his chest heaving. I collapsed on my knees and took his face, sobbing out his name. "Mr. J, don't go!" I turn my head sharply behind me, looking for Batman with hatred in my eyes, but he was nowhere to be seen.

I looked back to the dying man, and placed his head on my lap, tears flowing freely down my face. "Mr. J, you can't leave me!" I say, and he looked up at me with a sad grin.

"I'm sorry, baby..." He muttered, coughing up some blood.

I leaned down, kissing his forehead shakily. "No, I'm sorry. I should've help you somehow." I say, letting out a sob towards the end.

"You would've just...gotten yourself killed." He's breathing heavily, and I start to notice the life draining from his eyes.

"Baby, no! Don't leave me! Not yet!" I shake him a little, waking him up. Running my fingers through his hair, I smile sadly at him, and he smiles back.

And then he closes his eyes, a small smile still etched on his face. Slowly slowly, he grows limp in my arms. "NO!" I scream, before sobbing violently into his chest, occasionally muttering, "I'm sorry..." along with his name.

I sat there for what felt like forever, before I felt myself not able to physically cry anymore. I shut my eyes tightly, still gripping on to him. "I don't know what i'm going to do without you... you were the light of my life." I feel another tear drip down onto him. "I can't live without you."

One minute later, I feel someone touch my back. "I wouldn't let you go that easily, doll face." My eyes shoot open as I hear his voice. I let go of him and sit up in one swift move, as I see his still alive face.

"Puddin'!" I gasp in shock, before grabbing his face and planting a large and hard kiss on his lips, before letting him go. "How are you here?!"

One of his hands snake up to his chest and he pulls suit jacket open to reveal a bulletproof vest. He grins at me, and I notice a little bit of blood on his silver teeth.

"J! You scared me so much!" I grab him again and plant kisses all over his chest, making him laugh. "You're such an asshole..." I mutter, hugging him tightly.

"And you love me for it."

___

APRIL FOOLS!

Tricked ya ;)

Hope you liked the chapter, I thought it was tons of fun to write. I was originally planning on actually making him die, then I realized... it's the first of April...

So this is what you get :D

Make sure to comment and let me know what you thought.

As well as vote if you liked it.

And of course, request for the next chapter! I do all of your requests, and it can be absolutely anything. From fluff, to angst, to smuttiness.

See ya next week

___