Chapter 5 - "We're making a new life here, don't ruin it."

I hope you don't stub your toe today!:)

_______________________________________________

Chapter Five

(Scarlets POV)

"First things first," I said. " I need someone to go get video games so we can continue this conversation."
"I'll do it." Jonathan got up.
I started to plug up all the cords so we could play. In the Crescent Moon pack, they have "GameStation3s" in all the rooms for fourteen and up. When he came back he had "MineMake", "BigLittle Planet 2", "Spirit Caliber 4", and a book for himself.
"Can I continue now?" Xavier sat up.
"Yeah. Come over here and sit down." I set up MineMake.
We all sat in front of the TV while we talked.
"Let's make a base here. The prophecy states that the white wolf is only supposed to come every one hundred twenty five years." Xavier started. "So you are the only one in existence right now, and it says you're always mated to the black wolf-"
"But my mate has a brown coat." I said.
"How do you now?" Sam killed a zombie.
"The day after he shifted the alpha..... Told....... Us......" I realized.
"Well I feel stupid." I thought.
"So you've never actually seen his wolf?" Jonathan added looking away from his book at me.
"Yeah, I get it now." I sighed.
"So anyway, where was I? Oh yeah. Your mate is the black wolf." He continued. "I found a village. And there's supposed to be a big war between Rogues and the pack your mate is in."
"Wait, what! How can you say that like it's nothing?!" I yelled. "Stay away from that sheepy!"
"Because I already freaked out about it earlier." Xavier shrugged.
"Do you know when?" I glanced at him.
"No." Xavier killed a villager.
"That's helpful," I said sarcastically.
"Can we just stick to the game for now? All this talk of war and dumb mates is making me upset," Damien said.
"Yeah, okay." I laughed.
We played video games until I couldn't stay awake any longer.
"Goodnight! Sleep well!" I yelled to them as they left.
"Goodnight, and don't tell me what to do!" Sam walked away.
"I'm right here, you don't have to yell." Goodnight. Sleep well." Jonathan said.
"Goodnight! You too!" Both Damien and Xavier yelled back.
When they were out of sight I shut the door, put some comfy pajamas on, brushed my teeth and went straight to bed.

_________________The next day________________

I was in the meadow again, but this time I was wearing a high waisted skirt that was light blue with little white polka dots, a white shirt with thin black lines and a black beanie. I looked at my mate. He was further away now, but he seemed to be running to me this time. I ignored him, not wanting to look at him.
I woke up a few minutes later.
I was laying in my bed staring at the ceiling.
"I need to get a job." I sighed.
Knock knock
"Come in!" I yelled.
"Time for training!" Sam walked in.
"Okay. What should I wear?" I asked.
"Clothes, hopefully." He walked over to my closet.
"Ha ha. No really." I got up.
"I'm looking." He shuffled through my clothes.
"This. I think it would be the most comfortable." He pulled out yoga pants and a tank top.
"Okay, I'm going to change. Leave." I pushed him out.
"You're welcome!" He yelled through the door.
After I got dressed I brushed my teeth and followed Sam to the training grounds. Sam had to go help his brother with training everyone, including myself.
"Alright everyone. Time to break into teams. I'll choose the team captains." Jonathan said loud enough so everyone could hear him. "Josh, stand beside me. Scarlet, you too."
I walked over to him.
"You two are the team captains. You take turns choosing people you want on your team, alright?" he looked at us.
We both nodded.
"You choose first." I said to Josh.
"Thanks." He smiled.
He pointed to a girl with red hair and blue eyes. She walked up to him, her cheeks slightly pink. I looked at all my options. There was one girl that stood out to me. She just seemed confident. I chose her. This went on for about two minutes; him choosing all the people he thought to be strong, and me choosing all the people who actually were. I don't know how I knew, but I did. When we were finally done, Sam and Jonathan started talking.
"Alright, now that the teams have been chosen, I'll tell you what we're doing. We're playing dodge ball." Sam looked at the teams.
Everyone started cheering and laughing.
°I think they might like dodge ball.° She tried not to laugh.
•No, I don't think they do,• I said sarcastically.
"Alright, everyone get in your places." Jonathan said.
We all got in place, some people twitching with energy.
"Go!" Sam watched with amusement.
I ran as fast as I could and grabbed three balls from the middle, putting two in one arm and one in the other hand. I dodged two and threw two in response, hitting one person. The balls bounced off them and hit one of their teammates. It hit the first in the shoulder, and the other in the gut. I looked up to see a ball coming my way. I caught it right before it hit me in the face and threw it back, hitting them in the thigh.
"How am I doing this?" I thought.
I threw my last ball at Josh, but to my surprise, that girl with the red hair jumped in front of him and took the hit. The next thing that happened was like a scene from a movie. Josh dropped to his knees and picked the girl up. He walked over to the line and waved me over. I had to dodge five balls before I could get to him, but when I finally did I knew what he wanted. I picked a ball up and pressed it to his arm and he walked away with the girl in his arms blushing like nobody's business. They were totally mates. The rest of the game was pretty boring compared to that, but my team did win. The last shot went to some kid named Daniel. We all cheered and laughed, even the other team.
"Alright, everyone calm down. Training is done for today." Jonathan chuckled.
Everyone dispersed into little groups and walked away while I waited for Jonathan and Sam. When they came over to me we all started to walk.
"Hey, who was the first girl Josh picked?" I asked.
"That's Lily. Why?" Sam questioned.
I told them what happened.
"Finally!" They laughed.
I looked at them.
"We've been hoping they'd get together for a while now." Sam said.
"Their mates, but neither of them will admit it. She's too shy to approach him, and he thinks she doesn't like him." Jonathan added.
"They're adorable." I smiled.
They just nodded
°huh....° She wined.
•Don't even start. We're making a new life here, don't ruin it.• I sighed.
"Where's Tara?" I asked.
"She has to work, but she's off tomorrow." Jonathan said.
"Oh. Well speaking of work, I need a job." I looked at them.
"Well what are you good at?" Sam asked.
"I....... Don't know...... I didn't really get a chance to find that out back in my old pack." I looked down.
"Oh....." They both looked at me.
"Well we'll find that out later. For now let's go watch a movie." Sam started to run.
Me and Jonathan ran after him. We ended up in Sam's room.
"So what do you want to watch?" He questioned.
I walked up to his movie case.
"Not King Of The Rings. No matter how much I love those movies I can't stay up all night. Um....... Spirited Away." I pulled it out.
"I think you are one of my new favorite people now." Jonathan said.
I looked at him. We stared for a few seconds, and by the end we shook hands.
Sam gave us a look, nodded, then put the movie in.
After we finished the movie, we went down stairs to eat. We walked into the kitchen to find Damien and Xavier eating some left over taco stuff.
"Is there left over's of the left over's?" Sam asked.
"Yeah." Damien replied.
"Yay." I cheered.
I got some out and made a taco salad.
"What have you guys been doing?" Xavier questioned.
"Watching a movie." We said.
"Nice" Xavier replied.
°Hey, I want to go for a run.°
•But what about these guys?•
°Ask if they want to come. I don't care. I just want out.°
•Fine.•
I looked up to see them all staring at me.
"What?" I asked.
"You were just staring off into space for a second there." Xavier said.
"Oh. Its just my wolf, she wants to go on a run, that's all." I sighed.
"Can we come?" Sam questioned.
"Sure, but first I need to go get ready." I started to walk away.
"Okay." Sam ran up the stairs.
Once we were all ready, we went to the woods to run. We all went behind trees to shift. When we came out the boys stared at me for a second. I motioned them to go and we started to walk. That night, we ran for hours.
_______________________________________________

1583 words.

I'm watching Miss Congeniality and listening to music while writing this.