Chapter 20 - "... You didn't pay attention did you?"

If you were a fruit, you'd be a fine-apple!:)
_____________________________________________

(Scarlets POV)

I spent most of the next day in my room, only coming out to eat; making sure to, not make eye contact, keep my ear buds in, and have the music blasting.
My friends from my pack made sure not to disturb me, knowing it was one of those days were I just needed to be alone. The others only tried to talk to me once, but my pack members quickly distracted them.
I read, played my new piano, listened to music, and sat in bed, staring at the ceiling just thinking.
At the end of the day, I called Tara into my room to talk about the weird situation with Axel.
"One second he's acting like we're friends and the next he's being all awkward like we barely know each other!" I gestured wildly. "I mean, I think we're friends, but he doesn't seem to..."
"Well you have to remember what he did to you."
"What does that have to do with this?"
"Well... didn't he apologize?"
"Yeah..."
"And have you said anything about it? Have you even acknowledged it?"
"No.... I was planning on telling him the next day, but there were Rogues and then he was hurt... anyway, there hasn't really been a good time for it." I dismissed.
"There is always a good time. You don't understand how much this is effecting him. Even if you don't forgive him, you need to tell him something."
"..... Alright."
We ended up falling asleep after.
The next day, I woke up at 5:00. I got Tara and Damien up, made them get ready, and we all went to the training grounds. We trained for about three hours.
When we got back, we all went to change when I heard a voice call out my name. I told my friends I'd see them later, and turned around to greet whoever had called for me.
It was Chelsy.
"Hey... um... can we talk?" She looked nervous.
"Sure." I smiled.
"Oh.... okay. Follow me."
We walked up to a different room we're there was a door, that she shut so no one could hear.
"Listen.... I'm sorry. I know that I've been nothing but horrible to you even when you first got back here and... I'm sorry." she bowed her head.
"I forgive you."
She looked up in shock, before smiling. "..... well, I've gotta go." She started to leave, but paused in the doorway, turning her head to look at me. "It's nice to know you didn't die when you left; I know we would all appreciate it if it stayed that way."
I left after her, making my way to my room to take a shower.
"Everyone has changed so much."
I got dressed and stepped out of the bathroom. I was just about to sit on my bed when there was a knock at the door.
"Come in!" I called.
"Um.... hey." Axel walked in.
"Sup."
"We were all going to watch a movie and wanted to know if you would like to join?" He scratched the back of his neck awkwardly.
"Sure. What movie?"
"I don't know; they hadn't decided when I left to get you."
"Okay. Let's go." I got up, walking past him.
We made our way to the living room where some of the pack members were calling out the names of the movies while the rest voted on them.
"Spirited Away!" Tara called.
"Heck yeah!" I yelled.
"I don't think we own that...." Axel mumbled to me.
"I do!" I ran to my room, Axel in tow.
"But I thought you only brought ten movies."
"Well I actually brought twelve. I forgot about them, cause they were in the suitcase that had my books, but I found them yesterday when I finished one book and was getting another." I rummaged through said suitcase. "Found it!"
"I've never seen this before either..." he looked at it.
"Well it's a wonderful movie. Let's go before they decide on something else." I ran back down stairs.
"Got it?" Tara asked.
"Got it. Does anyone want to watch this?" I looked around the room.
Everyone just kinda nodded which was good enough for me, so I put the movie in and sat with all my friends as it started.
However, the only seat near my friends was the only place to sit at all, which meant that Axel was right next to me. I didn't mind that much, except of course the random tingly feeling I got whenever we touched, but Axel was extremely uncomfortable; he wouldn't stop moving which was the main reason we'd touch, and he would stiffen every time.
When he got up and left the room, I couldn't help but follow him.
I quietly made my way to wherever he went, following his sent.
I was met with his office door, only hesitating a second before I knocked.
"Not now."
"Axel. It's me, Scarlet.... are you okay?"
"I'm fine... I just... don't want to watch movies anymore. You go have fun."
"No. I've seen that movie so many times I could act it out.... and anyway, I'd rather talk to you then watch it for the millionth time."
There was a long pause before the door cracked open.
I walked in slowly, only to find Axel facing away from me in his office chair.
"Hey." I shut the door.
"Hey."
".... So... What did you think of the movie?"
"It was.... fine." He hesitated.
"... You didn't pay attention did you?" I smiled.
"... no..."
"Well, that's okay, I can just act it out for you."
"Why did you follow me?" He spun to face me, tears in his eyes.
"I... I could tell something was wrong and I wanted to check on you."
"Why?" He stood.
"Because you're hurt and I want to know why."
His face held shock for a split second before he closed his eyes, letting his head fall. The atmosphere became heavy with sadness, guilt, and confusion.
"I.... I wanted to give you time, but....... I need to know," Tears starting to fall. "Do you forgive me? I know I don't deserve it, and I get it if you haven't, but I just need to know where you are in all this. I need to know if you even plan on forgiving me, or if you just feel like what I did can never be forgiven....... please?" He begged.
I wanted to cry in that moment.
"This whole time he's felt like this? He was uncomfortable because he thought I was uncomfortable.... I did this... I-"
"I didn't know this was how you felt.... I was going to tell you the next day, but then things just got crazy and... I'm sorry. I would've told you if I had known it was so important to you,"I started to walk toward him. "but that's not the point...... I forgive you," I wrapped my arms around him. he looked at me immediately, eyes wide. "I forgave you a long time ago."
Slowly he put his arms around me.
"Thank you."
I nodded into his chest.
We stayed like this for a while, until we felt it was okay to let go.
We walked back down stairs to find everyone watching a new movie. We crawled over the back of the couch right into our old spot, hoping no one would notice, but the smirks on our friends faces told us otherwise. I dismissed it and finished the movie, now with no more uncomfortable movements or stiffness every time the tingles shot through us. Everything was calm.
_______________________________________________

1283 words.

I made a thing for Halloween.

It is No Face from Spirited away