Chapter 12 - "What about Scarlet?"

I hope you have fun with whatever you're doing this week!:)
_______________________________________________

(Axels POV)

"Why? What did I do?" She asked.
"You let her die! You ruined my life! How could you!?" I  yelled.
"But I didn't do anything! It's not my fault!" She cried.
I walked toward her, and slapped her.

I sat up gasping for air. I looked around. Tara was asleep. My eyes locked with Scarlets. There was a look in her eyes; fear? She broke the eye contact and looked around seeming to fixate on Tara.
"I'm sorry." I said, my voice weaker then I had wanted it to be.
"Huh?" Her eyes met mine again.
"I'm sorry...... For what I did to you....." My voice cracked; I was about to cry.
She sat there, staring at me. I couldn't stand her eyes baring in to me, so I stood and walked out of the room. I quickly made my way to my house, having to hold back my wolf; I couldn't shift right now, not just to get to my house and not in the middle of the pack grounds, someone could see me. I threw the door open, slammed it behind me and ran up the stairs to my room. As soon as I was in my room, I laid on my bed and waited for my heart to stop beating so quickly. I looked at the ceiling.
"Ugh!" Tears started to escape from my eyes. I hated crying, it always gave me a headache.
°You're lucky we have sound proof walls.°
•Please just...... Shut up...... I don't want to talk right now.•
°Fine.°
I didn't get any sleep that night
_______________________________________________

I sat up in bed and looked at the clock; 6:00.
"I guess I can ask him now." I mumbled.
'Hey. You awake, Jordan?'
'Yeah. What's up?'
'Can you bring me all the unfinished paper work from my office?'
'.......... Yeah I guess.'
'Thanks.'
'Yeah, whatever.'
I got up and walked down stairs to the kitchen for a quick breakfast.
A few minutes later Jordan, Robert, and Thomas walked in with stacks of paper in their arms and set them on the table.
"Dude. When was the last time you worked?" Thomas sat down.
"...... The day before Scarlet got here...." I looked at all the work I missed.
"Of course....." They chuckled.
"So why did you want it brought here?" Robert asked.
"....... Scarlet."
"What about her?" Jordan looked at me.
"I apologized and..... she didn't say anything, so I'm giving her some room......."
They stared at me for a minute.
"When did you apologized?" Robert broke the silence.
"Last night, after we all fell asleep I woke up and she happened to be awake to........ I had a nightmare about her...... It just came out. She seemed so scared when she looked at me," I began to ramble." She's still sad......
So sad....... Why did I do that? Why did I make her sad? Why did I think it made me happy?! Why?..."
"Hey. No. Don't do that." Robert jumped in before I could go on." You made a lot of mistakes, but so did the rest of us, it's not all on you."
"........ You look tired. You sleep, and then you can do paper work." Jordan sighed.
"Yeah..... Okay." I started to head toward the stairs. ".....Thanks guys.".
"Yeah.... You're welcome." They all walked out and shut the door.
I sighed and walked to my bed. I was asleep the second my head hit the pillow.
______________Eight hours later_______________

Slowly yet surly I dragged myself out of bed. It was 2:46 PM now. I walked down stairs and looked at the paper work, but before I could try and find where to begin, I heard a growl outside. I ran to the door and flung it open to see three wolves just in the tree line. I knew I couldn't shift, someone might see me.
'Jordan.'
'I know. On my way'
Soon I could see Jordan, Thomas, and.... Scarlet? As soon as the Rogues saw them, they took off back into the woods.
'Why did you bring Scarlet?!'
'She's the one who spotted them, and wanted to help.'
"What?" I thought as I looked at her. "Spotted them?"
My friends followed the Rogues in.
Around five minutes later they were walking back to come and talk to me. Scarlet veered off back toward the pack house.
"Axel..... We found one of our own......" Jordan sighed.
"What?" I growled.
"He was.... Um....." He cleared his throat. "Dead when we got there."
".... Call a meeting for five today."
"Yes sir."
They all left shortly after that, and I decided to start on the piles of paper work.

An hour and a half later I had finished almost half the paper work and was ready for the meeting. I walked all the way to the pack house and waited for everyone to arrive. I had included the Crescent Moon pack. Once everyone had sat down I began the meeting.
"Thank you everyone for coming. I wish that this meeting was to give good news, but sadly I have none. The Rogues have killed one of our own........ To the family of Aaron Lucas Ryner..... I am truly sorry." Gasps and quite sobs could be heard throughout the room. "For the safety of everyone I have decided that for the time being, all of you, no matter rank, must not, at any time, go out alone. For now, consider that a law. I would advise that you pick a specific person to stay with so that no one is left without a partner. That is all" I walked over to my friends who had been sitting in the front.
"All of us? Including me and you?" Jordan asked.
"Yes." I sighed.
"So, do you know who your partner is?" Thomas asked suggestively.
"Yes. Jordan." I glared.
°What?! What about Scarlet?!°
"What? Why me? What about Scarlet?" He lowered his voice.
"Because I'm still giving her space....." I answered both of them.
°But she is in danger! We need to keep her safe!°
•I'm.... Sure... whoever she.... Picks.... Will keep her safe.• I growled.
°You're just as unhappy about this as I am aren't you?°
•Of course! But I'm giving her..... Space.• I sighed angrily.
"I suppose you, Damien." I heard her beautiful voice say.
°Wait. What?!° he yelled. °Of all the people she could have picked, she picked him?!°
•It's.... Fine. He's her friend....... He better keep her safe.• I mumbled that last part. Everyone stayed in the pack house that night. My sleep was restless; all I could think about was how close I was to her and yet I had to keep myself from going to see her.
_______________________________________________

1135 words.

Sorry for taking so long...... Again.