Chapter 35 - "Yeah, I'm the one that put him there."

I like your face!:)
_____________________________________________

(Scarlet's POV)

As his breathing slowed, I let out the one I didn't know I had been holding. If he had stayed awake, I don't know what I would've done, but it probably would have been awkward.
I decided to read while I waited for him to wake up; since it was around 10:00, I figured he would wake up before I fell asleep.
A nurse came by, who was happy that I was awake and not moving around too much.
The look of shock on her face when she noticed Axel sleeping next to me was funny and embarrassing. When I explained why he was sleeping on my bed, she understood and politely moved around him so as not to wake him while she checked my bandages.
The doctor came in later to see how I was feeling and left soon after.
A few hours later, I got bored of reading and unmuted the TV.
The whole day went on like this, vary uneventful and boring.
Axel didn't wake up that day, and I didn't stay awake either. I didn't mean to fall asleep, but it was 1:00 in the morning, all the lights were out, and the soft sound of Axels breathing had me nodding off in no time.

The meadow was just as beautiful as before, all the tall grass speckled with flowers blowing in the wind.
I turned, and Axel was standing right next to me, a smile on his face.
The dream changed, and we were in his living room, sitting on his couch.
A movie was playing, but we didn't pay it any attention as we talked.
After what felt like minutes, we looked at a clock and it was time for bed, so we said our goodbyes, and I headed to my room.

I felt something heavy over my torso and a tingly sensation where it touched as I carefully turned over.
Just before I could fall back asleep, I jolted awake, realizing what it was.
The first thing I saw was Axel's chest.
I looked up to his face to see he was still asleep.
I let out a sigh of relief and gently removed his arm, so I could lie on my back without worrying that the weight of his arm would hurt me.
It's almost like he could sense when I was comfortable, because once I got where I wanted to be, his arm carefully put itself right were it was before.
I had to check if he was awake with how attentive the action had been, but he was definitely asleep.
After a while of just sitting there, trying to wake up, a nurse greeted me as she walked in and began checking everything. We had to move Axel's arm again so she could look at some bandages, but it was back the second she was done.
Since she was already there, I decided I should ask her a question. "Hey, is it okay for me to take a shower?"
"... if you do, I would need to advise you to be vary careful; your wounds are healed enough for there not to be a problem as long as you don't trip or move too much, because you could seriously hurt yourself if you did."
"Got it."
She unhooked me from all the needles and monitors and waved as she headed out the door.
I didn't have clothes too wear after the shower.
I ended asking Jonathan if he could bring me some.
When he got there, his face immediately filled with shock as he pointed next to me.
"What?" I looked to the spot, and remembered Axel.
"Oh, yeah. He needed sleep, but he's not allowed to go home. He's been like this since yesterday."
"And you're okay with him being there?" He stepped in.
"Yeah, I'm the one that put him there. It's not like he could sleep on the floor."
"Alright..... Here's you clothes."
"Thanks."
"Mhm." He looked to his watch and took a step back. "Sorry, I gotta go. See you later?"
"Stop by any time of the day."
"Alright. Bye. Love you."
"Love you. Bye."
After he left, I carefully got up and made my way to the shower.
I didn't trip or move too much..... but I did cut my leg, shaving, which sucked.
I got dress in to some clean pajamas, and stepped out of the bathroom.
Axel was rubbing his eyes, and looking around like a lost puppy.
All of a sudden, he shot up, eyes wide.
"Scarlet?"
"Yes?" I answered before he started to freak out.
He jerked his head to look at me, and relaxed when he saw my calm, safe state. "Why are you out of bed?"
"I took a shower."
"Why?"
"I haven't had one in like two weeks man. I don't even know how you survived. That's gross."
He just shrugged. Something seemed to click in his head. "Why am I in your bed?"
"You where sleeping, remember?" I walked around to my side.
"Yeah I remember, but that doesn't answer my question."
"It can answer your question."
He didn't say anything as he stared me down.
"Fine. I tricked you in to falling asleep yesterday because you wouldn't go home." I sat back on the bed.
"I'm not allowed to go home, or at least I wasn't, but if there letting you out of bed, that probably means I could now." He laid back, and then sat up again. "Wait... yesterday? Did you sleep?" He looked at me.
"Yeah...? Why wouldn't I?"
"It's just.... well....... nothing." He looked away again.
"I'm hungry. Are you hungry?" I asked, changing the subject.
"Vary."
"You should abuse your power and make someone bring us food." I looked to him hopefully.
"What? No." He sat up straighter. "But you should make one of your friends bring us some."
"What? That's not fair. Why can't you do it?"
"Because all my pack members are hard at work."
"So are mine!"
"I'm sure one of them is off today."
"How should I know?"
"Ask them."
"No."
"Why?"
"Cause I thought of it first!"
"Fine." He turned and grabbed something off the side table, set it back down, and then looked at me with a smug smirk.
"What?"
"You'll see."
A few seconds later, a nurse came in.
"Yes?" She smiled.
"Hey, can you have someone bring us some food? We're both really hungry."
"Um.... of course, I'll have them bring you something. Anything in particular?"
"Not hospital food?" I chimed in.
"Good call." Axel whispered.
"Alright. I'll have someone bring something right away." She dipped her head to Axel as a sign of respect and left.
"I should have said nothing with eggs...." I muttered to myself.
"What makes you think it will have eggs?"
"You people seem to be obsessed with breakfast foods, it's not my fault."
"I like breakfast food." He mumbled.
"Good for you. I do too, but it makes me feel sick, I don't know why; even pancakes and waffles. I don't get it."
"I'm sorry your life sucks."
"Yeah. It's pretty bad. There is one good thing about it,"
"What's that?"
"I can eat any type of food as early as I want. Take... ice cream, for example; even if I just woke up and it's five in the morning, I don't get sick.
"Wow..."
"Yeah. It's pretty great."
"I don't know if I would give up breakfast food for that though."
"I have and I don't regret it."
"I think I would." He crossed his arms.
"I get that."
"You two suck." Terra walked in, two containers in hand.
"What?"
"Havin' them send me all the way to the house to make you twits some food." She set them in our laps.
"You didn't actually make this.... right?"
"No. It's left overs from something Jonathan made."
"Good."
"You suck."
"Not as much as you at cooking."
You could see the threats in her eyes as she walked backward toward the door. "Watch it."
"Love you!"
"Yeah." She called as she left.
Axel opened his container. "No eggs."
"Yes!" I cheered.
Still sitting in the hospital bed, we hung out for the rest of the day.
_____________________________________________
1377 words