Chapter 22 - "I need to talk to you."

You're adorable!:)
_____________________________________________

(Scarlets POV)

I woke up to the sound of my phones ringtone. I reached over to my nightstand, picking it up and answering it.
"Hello?" I placed the phone to my ear.
"Scarlet?"
"Xavier?" I sat up.
"Scarlet! I need to talk to you!"
"What is it?"
"We've been attacked. I-I tried to reach the twins, but they wouldn't answer. There have been problems since you left, but.... we couldn't have won; there were too many..." He rambled.
"Wait. Wait. Hold on." I stood. "What do you mean?"
"Ever since you all left, there have been small attacks, nothing we couldn't handle, but then they started getting more frequent, and that's when we got a call. Apparently this has been happening all over, not just in the Blood Moon Pack. There were all these packs asking if they could stay with us because they had been run out of their territory's by the rogues. Of course we said yes. We thought maybe they could even help us with our rogue problem, but when they got here..... there were so many injured.... we knew we wouldn't have enough....."
"Xavier..... I'm so sorry..."
"They won....." he murmured. "..... I.... I need to talk to Alpha Axel."
"Of course." I finished getting dressed and walked downstairs.
I went into the kitchen, finding Thomas eating cereal.
"Thomas. Do you know where Axel is?"
"I think he's in one of the rooms upstairs. Good morning."
"Morning!" I called as I ran back up stairs, looking for a room that smelled like him.
When I found it, I knocked hoping he was awake.
"What?" He yelled through the door, his voice sounding like he just woke up.
"Axel. It's Scarlet. My Alpha needs to talk with you.
The door swung open to reveal Axel, completely dressed, and no sign that he had been sleeping at all.
"Alright."
"Here." I handed him the phone.
"Hello......Alright. I'll call you on my office phone...... goodbye. Here." he handed me my phone. "I'll see you later."
"See you later."
I walked back to my room and laid on my bad.
"We lost. It's gone." Tears fell onto my bed as I thought about my home for four years.
Twenty minutes later, my phone rang.
"Hello?" I made my voice sound normal.
"Hi." Xavier answered.
"Did he accept?"
"Yes."
".... What is it?" I sat up.
"... you need to tell him."
"I... I know... I will, today."
"Thank you."
"Mhm."
"I love you."
"I love you too."
"See you in a few hours."
"I can't wait." I chuckled half heartedly.
"Bye."
"Goodbye."
He hung up.
I laid back down, staring at the ceiling.
I stayed like that for a long time.
When I got up, I went to the kitchen and ate before heading to my room, grabbing the box of letters, and making my way to Axels office.
I knocked, and there was no answer. I opened the door to find he wasn't there, so I waited.
The door opened thirty minutes later.
Axel looked confused to see me.
"Hey." He smiled.
"I need to talk to you." I stood, grabbing the box.
"About what?"
I took a deep breath before answering. "Ayrith."
He took a step back. ".... my mom?"
"... Yes."
".... why?"
"She-....... here." I handed him the box.

He sighed. ".... Because-"
"Sir. We've been unable to locate the Luna.... but... we did find blood.... we're not sure if it's hers..."
"Thank you. Tell me when there is any development."
"Sir." The man saluted before walking away."
"Come here Scarlet."
We walked to his office.
Sitting down, he told me everything.

"Wha.... What is this?"
"Read them."
He paused before walking around me, setting the box on the desk and looking inside.
He picked up the first letter.
"It's addressed to you.... why-" He stopped. ".... it's from my mom..... this... this is a few months... after....." he turned around, making me flinch." Is this some kind of joke?!
I looked up. "What? N-"
"Cause I don't think it's funny! Maybe you're over it but I'm not!" He picked up the box and shoved it into me before turning to leave.
Before he could, I grabbed his shoulder, making him face me. "No." I shoved them right back. "Just read them.... please."
I walked out the door, making my way to Tara's room.
I waited for her to tell me I could come in after knocking.

"Remember the man we banished a few years ago?"
"Yes. The old Beta. He's the one that lost his mate."
"Yes. Well..... his mate... was Ayriths sister."
I nodded.
"Normally when someone losses their mate, they go on with their lives.... their sad and most of the time depressed but they can go on. Heath-... this man though... he couldn't take it. He lost it, he started saying things that didn't make any sense, getting more aggressive..... but I knew we couldn't have him near here when he claimed Ayrith was his second mate and tried to take her away. Do you understand?"
"Yes."
".... well.... a few months after that, rogues started to attack. In one of those attacks, we got a threat telling us to give them Ayrith. It was signed by him. Of course we didn't do it, but throughout the years the attacks have gotten more aggressive, so about a month ago we asked for help from the Lunar Light Pack...." he sighed. "... I guess theirs something else I should tell you..."
"What?"

"Hey- what happened?" She stood.
"I... I told Axel."
"Oh..... how did he take it."
I laughed, knowing she had no idea what he was even taking before it fizzled out. "Not Well." We sat on her bed.
"Mh."
"Yeah....... Did Axel tell you guys-"
"Yeah." A tear fell.
I put my arms out and she immediately fell into them.
".... I'm sorry..... But you don't have to worry about anything; they're on their way." I rubbed her back as she cried.
"What about the injured? Did he say how many died?" She pulled back, looking at me with concern.
"No he didn't say how many died, if any at all. And, we both know that you yourself can see to the injured. They'll be in good hands." I gave a small smile.
She nodded, but the tears didn't stop.
"Just cry until you can't, then we can help to prepare for these packs."
"Wha- oh my gosh! You're right!" She went to get up.
"Hey." She stopped. "If you need to cry later, do it."
"... Alright." She nodded.
We went down stairs to help, but I left her there when I heard people shouting outside.
"Someone's here!"
I ran outside hoping to see my pack, but there was only one car.
Panic set in; all the worst scenarios playing in my head, but when four people stepped out the panic was gone, and replaced by nothing but excitement.
"Quinton!" I ran as fast as I could, slamming into him with a hug, landing us on the ground.
"Wha-" he blinked. "Scarlet?!

"Me and Ayrith aren't mates."
"Bu-"
"I know. Let me explain."
"Okay."
"...... we were in love and we hadn't found our mates, so we got married and had Axel, but we were never mates."
"Oh..."
He gave me a sad smile before continuing. "When we went to meet with them, we found our mates. their Alpha... Conan is his name.... he's um... he's her mate. Valencia, the Beta, she's my mate. When we found that out we were sad, but we had to focus on keeping the pack safe, so we formed a plan that let Ayrith go with her mate and H-... that man wouldn't know she was even alive." He looked at me. "You weren't supposed to be there... I'm sorry you had to go through that again... but you can't tell Axel."
".... Alright." I nodded.
"Thank you."
"I..... I should try to calm him down." I stood.
"No.... I'll go up in a few minutes. He needs to cry for a while."
"O.... okay..."

He picked me up, stood and set me on my feet.
"Hi." I smiled.
"You've gotten so big! You're so beautiful." He hugged me.
"And you have only aged a little bit."
"What?! Do you not see this grey hair?!" He pointed to his temple. "I have aged way more then you!"
We laughed, but stopped when Axel stepped into view.
"Dad. We need to talk."
Quinton gave me a questioning look.
I nodded.
"Oh." He sighed.
"Axel, you didn't even say hi." Another voice came from around the car.
"Vale!" I grinned.
"Scarlet! It's been too long!"
"Definitely."
"So where have you been?"
"Mom?" Axel interrupted.
"Yes?" She looked at him.
"I know you want to catch up, but I need to talk to dad and Scarlet for a little bit, can I borrow them?"
"Oh... I'll see you in a bit I guess," she pointed to Axel. "no longer."
"Yes ma'am." I walked to Quinton.
And that's when the vans began to pull in.
_____________________________________________

1523 words.

My family took in a new dog. She's the worst. Her name is Nelly.

I've changed the name of a character because I didn't like it anymore.