Chapter 21 - "It was.... fine."

Do you have a map, cause I'm getting lost in your eyes!:)
_____________________________________________

(Axels POV)

I ended up sleeping in my room in the pack house after Scarlet played her piano for me.
She's so amazing.
When I woke up I got Jordan and Thomas to come with me so I didn't have another Rogue accident on my way home.
When we got there, I had them wait down stairs while I grabbed some of my things, deciding I would stay in the pack house for convenience.
We walked back and parted ways, me going to my room for a shower.
I spent most of the rest of that day in my office.
I can't remember what my dreams were that night.
_________________the next day_________________

I woke up early that day. I stared at the sealing for most of the morning, and ended up changing into some workout clothes, and heading down stairs.
Jordan, Robert and thomas were all there, seeming to have been waiting for me in their workout attire.
"Hey." Robert greeted.
"Hi."
"Let's go already." Thomas opened the door.
We went to the training grounds, finding them to be clear of any people.
After stretching, we started to spare.
"So.... how have things been with Scarlet?" Jordan threw a punch that I quickly dodged.
"I gave her one of my shirts." I said without thinking.
"What?" He stopped for a second, giving me just the right moment to punch, but he blocked. "Why?"
"She was sick, and my wolf wouldn't leave me alone."
"But...."he got back into his stance. "I don't know, that just doesn't seem like something you would do..."
"I know, that's cause it's not. It was all my wolf man. He's a freakin jerk. I even tried to go take it back out of her dresser but she had woken up by then." I kicked.
"Wait.... you gave it to her while she was asleep.... and you put it in her dresser? As in.... you actually looked in her dresser? Creepy move, dude." He backed up.
"What?! No! I did not look in her dresser, and I only put it in there cause I didn't want her to see it, I just wanted her to get better faster, which she had to either not be in her room or be asleep to not know it was there-and your right this sounds super creepy- but I didn't mean it in a creepy way!" The more I thought about it the more weird I felt.
°She's the one that put it on.°
•.... that doesn't help me at all.•
°Well it make me feel better about it.°
•Of course it does.....•
"Does she know it's in there?" We had stopped at this point.
"Yeah....."
"And she hasn't made any comments about it?"
"No."
"Then she's probably fine with it."
"Well now I'm not."
"Dude, I was just messing with you to throw you off." He chuckled.
"Well it's not funny." I pouted.
"But anyway, that doesn't answer my question; how are things going with Scarlet?" His face became more serious.
"I don't know. I'm still trying to give her space, but it's so hard. I don't know if I should just ask her how she feels or just wait it out....."I sighed. "I would at least like to be friends, but I can't just try and force that on her. I don't know what to do."
"I've never been through anything like that, so I don't know what the right answer is, but if it were me.... I'd ask her how she felt, just straight out ask, and if she hadn't forgiven me, I'd work on being a better person for her, but that's just me; you do what you want man."
"....thanks."
"Anytime. Now let's get back to punching each other, I wanna see if I can give you another black eye."
"I doubt it. Scarlets not here to distract me this time."
When we were done, we walked back to the pack house.
I took a shower and went down stairs only to find many of my pack members rummaging through the movies we had collected over the years.
"What are you doing?" I looked at Robert, who was sitting on the couch.
"We decided to watch a movie. Wanna go ask Scarlet if she'll join us?"
"Um... sure."
I headed to her room, and knocked.
"Come in!" Her voice came through the door.
"Um.... hey." I walked in, seeing her sitting on her bed.
"Sup."
"We were all going to watch a movie and wanted to know if you would like to join?"
"Sure. What movie?" She asked, her head tilting.
"I don't know; they hadn't decided when I left to get you."
"Okay. Let's go." She stood, walking past me.
We walked to the living room and stood in the doorway.
"Spirited Away!" Tara called.
"Heck yeah!" Scarlet yelled.
"I don't think we own that...." I mumbled to her.
"I do!" She ran to who knows where, me barely keeping up.
"But I thought you only brought ten movies." I asked.
"Well I actually brought twelve. I forgot about them, cause they were in the suitcase that had my books, but I found them yesterday when I finished one book and was getting another." She rummaged through one of her suitcases. "Found it!"
"I've never seen this before either..." I studied the case.
"Well it's a wonderful movie. Let's go before they decide on something else."she ran back to the living room.
"Got it?" Tara asked.
"Got it. Does anyone want to watch this?" She looked at the people with hopeful eyes, almost like she was begging them silently.
Everyone nodded, not really sure about the movie, but not wanting to disappoint someone who could make such a face.
She immediately ran to the GameStation, and put it in, excitement lighting her eyes as she ran to her seat, which I realized was right next to where I would have to sit.
My thoughts ran rampant as I walked to my spot. All I could think about is what might have been running through her mind.
"She might be disgusted with the thought of me sitting next to her. What if she thinks I'm going to try and hurt her or am only sitting there to make her uncomfortable? What if she leaves just because I'm here; I would have ruined her night!" My thoughts continued to make up more scenarios of me making her like me less, or even hate me, all because I was sitting next her her, which I knew was ridiculous, but my mind didn't seem to care.
Eventually, the thoughts and sparks whenever we touched became so overwhelming that I left, going to my office so most would just think I needed to catch up on some work.
I sat in my chair, as tears began to form in my eyes.
Knock knock
"Not now." I tried to keep my voice normal.
"Axel. It's me, Scarlet.... are you okay?"
"Why is she here?"
"I'm fine... I just... don't want to watch movies anymore. You go have fun."
"No. I've seen that movie so many times I could act it out.... and anyway, I'd rather talk to you then watch it for the millionth time."
I pondered over her word for a second, before unlocking and opening the door to show it was okay for her to come in, quickly sitting in the chair, making sure not to face her.
I could barely hear her footsteps as she walked in.
"Hey." She shut the door.
"Hey."
".... So... What did you think of the movie?"
"It was.... fine." I lied.
"... you didn't pay attention did you?" Her tone was light.
"Why did she come?"
"... no..."
"Why is she doing this?"
"Well, that's okay, I can just act it out for you."
"Why did you follow me?" I turned around to see her face.
"I... I could tell something was wrong and I wanted to check on you."
"Why?" I stood.
"Because you're hurt and I want to know why."
I was shocked at what she said.
"Why would she care?"
I closed my eyes, letting my head fall.
"She shouldn't care after what I did."
"I.... I wanted to give you time, but....... I need to know," My eyes couldn't hold the tears anymore. "Do you forgive me? I know I don't deserve it, and I get it if you haven't, but I just need to know where you are in all this. I need to know if you even plan on forgiving me, or if you just feel like what I did can never be forgiven....... please?" I begged.
I didn't look up, afraid of what I might see.
There was silence for a long time.
"I didn't know this was how you felt.... I was going to tell you the next day, but then things just got crazy and... I'm sorry. I would've told you if I had known it was so important to you,"Her footsteps were louder now as she walked toward me, but what happened when she reached me is something I never would have expected; I had expected a slap. "but that's not the point...... I forgive you," She wrapped her arms around me. I looked at her immediately, trying to see her face, but it was buried in my chest. "I forgave you a long time ago."
Slowly I put my arms around her, not trusting that this was real yet.
"Thank you."
She nodded.
We stayed like this for a while, until we felt it was okay to let go.
When we went back down stairs, everyone was watching a new movie.
Hoping not to disturb anyone, we crawled over the back of the couch into our old spots, but the second I saw my friends faces and even the friends I'd made from Scarlets pack, I knew they were going to ask questions when this was over, but I pushed that thought away as I relaxed next to Scarlet and finished the movie.
Everything was finally good again.
_____________________________________________

1681 words.