Chapter 27 - "Um... Beta Ryan... why?

Make sure you don't forget that one thing! :)
_____________________________________________

(Axels POV)

I knew immediately I shouldn't have said that, and I didn't care..... until I saw the look on her face.
"Miss Crow?" Her tone was way too calm.
"Yes."
"Miss.... Crow...." She emphasized the words, her eyes like lasers.
"Yes...." I started to feel more uncomfortable.
"Are you freaking kidding me?" Somehow even that was said calmly. "Are... you... freaking..... kidding me!"
I took a step back.
Okay, maybe I struck a nerve....
"Never, ever call me 'miss Crow! Never call me 'Crow' at all! Because if you do I will make sure you will never be able to walk through this house bare foot again without stepping on all the things I will have broken!" She screamed, shoving her finger into my chest. "I came in here to have a nice, calm conversation with you and what do I get? 'What do you want miss Crow'! I could kill you right now!" She stepped back, beginning to pace.
"Are you really this angry over that?"
"Yes!"
"That's ridiculous."
She looked at me, her eyes blazing. "Ridiculous? You know what's actually ridiculous is that fact that I've had off almost this whole week! But you haven't said anything about that, now have you? No! It's vary clear that you want me here, I don't know if it's to make me angry or what, but it's starting to work!"
"Good." I mumbled, knowing she wouldn't be able to hear me.
"Good?! If this is about me not telling you about your mom then you clearly haven't read all the letters! I didn't tell you, because she freakin asked me not to! Do you really think I kept it from you so you would hate me more? Do you really think I liked having a secret from the one person who I used to tell all of mine to? Do you think I wanted to keep a secret that could have so easily stopped all the verbal, and sometimes physical abuse, just by telling you? Because I didn't... and if you can't see that then there is no point in trying to talk to you." She started to leave. "I'm going back to work."
I didn't try to stop her.
I stood there for a while, questioning a few things; why she was so angry when I used her last name, what she meant about my mom asking her not to tell me.
Why would my mom not want me to know? I wouldn't have said anything. And why wait until now?
I finally shook my head and headed to my dresser, where I had put the rest of the letters.
I read every single one. It took hours. There was one for every month she has been away. Some were short and sweet, and some were long life updates. They stopped coming in five months ago, she said they were too risky to send.
She has a daughter.
........ I have a sister....... Her name is Elly.
I don't know how much I cried.
I don't know when scarlet got home.
I don't know if she heard my gasps for air.
I don't know how long she stood in the door before she was hugging me.
I don't know when I stopped crying, and I don't know when I fell asleep.
She was gone the next day.

That morning I couldn't stay in my room, so I went to my office.
I came in through the back way so I wouldn't have to see her.
~Here we are, back at square one, and again... it's my fault. Why am I like this? Why do I keep doing this? It's like I want to be with her, but every time we get closer, I ruin it!~
*Its called commitment issues.*
~I don't have commitment issues.~
*ah yes of course, because your explanation was so much better; confusion and wondering what the answer could be.*
~.... Shut up.~
I didn't do any work, I just sat there thinking about the letters.
Of course my mom would have another kid. She probably thought she would never see me again, and she might be right.
Elly....
I wonder if we look anything alike? I wonder if she would like me? I wonder if my mom even told her about me?
Probably not. I was never told about her.
I wonder if she misses me.....
I stayed in my office all day, and all night.
I did sleep, just not peacefully.
I don't think I'll sleep peacefully for a while.
Every day I got up, got some food and went back to my office either to work or think.
The day I almost asked Thomas to bring me my phone charger was the day I realized what I was doing, so instead of having him bring me something, I had him take me back to my house.
Once I got there, I plugged in my phone and waited for Scarlet to get back.
I had laid in my bed to stare off into nothing, when the front door shutting woke me up.
I guess I was more tired then I thought.
I heard her foot steps come to a halt near the stairs.
I shot up and flinging the door open, I ran to meet her there.
All I saw was the look of surprise on her face before I shut my eyes, hugging her.
"I'm sorry I keep doing this. I'm sorry I keep hurting you because I'm angry. I'm sorry I keep pushing you away, and I'm sorry I keep leaving before you can explain anything." I held my breath, waiting for her response.
She sighed, a hint of a laugher at the end. "I forgive you, for all those things, but there's one thing you forgot to apologize for."
"Wha?" I took a step back.
"Think about it."
*Ahem.* He nudged at a memory.
"Oh." I nodded. "I'm sorry I called you Crow."
"Forgiven." She smiled before dropping it, replacing it with a serious expression. "Just make sure it never happens again."
"Yes ma'am."
She smirked (an expression I definitely liked on her) and began to walk up the stairs. "I'll explain things tomorrow if that's okay with you?"
"Alright."
I stood there staring at the spot she was last, probably with a stupid expression on my face, for far too long.
I went to bed with too many thoughts, only the memory of hugging Scarlet clearing them.

I woke with the feeling of dread.
Today was the day that Scarlet would be explaining what she didn't get to explain before, and I didn't know if it was good news or if it was something like the last time.
I had someone take a part of her shift, so I could just get it over with.
She was sitting at the kitchen table drinking coffee.
A tenseness in her shoulders told me that something was bothering her to.
"Hi?" I stepped into the room.
"Who did you give part of my shift today?" She focused on me.
"Um... Beta Ryan... why?" I started making breakfast.
"Why him?" She glared.
"He was free, and he practically volunteered."
"Ugh!" She slammed her elbows onto the table. "Can I ask you something? Do you hate me?"
"What?! No!!" I looked at her like she was crazy. "What makes you think that?"
"I wasn't being serious. It's just.... how many times can someone of my rank... punch a Beta before they get punished?"
"What are you talking about?" I finally faced her.
"It's just, Cameron makes me want to strangle someone, particularly him. He's such a douche canoe!"
"Who's Cameron?"
"The Beta who's taking part of my shift today."
"Ryan? Is that is second name or something?"
"No. Cameron is his first name."
"How do you know that?"
"His mom calls him that."
"And how do you know his mom?" My wolf tried to join in.
"I've known him for about three years now, and when I went to his pack, I ran into his mom. Sweat lady." She nodded thoughtfully.
"Hm." I went back to cooking.
"Anyway, that's not important, what's important is that I'm going to have to deal with him all day." She shifted in her chair.
"What do you mean? He's not going to finish your shift with you." I grabbed us some plates.
"Maybe he's not supposed to, but rest assured he will be there the whole time. I have no doubt he'll try to 'escort' me back here. Like dude! Get the hint already!"
*We should punch him for her, them maybe he will get the hint.*
~I'm with you on that one.~ I gave her her plate, and sat down.
"Thank you. Anyway, lets get to the real subject."
"Alright."
"Okay.... I don't really know a better way to start this, so I'll just cut to the chase." She moved her plate to the side."you know how your wolf's coat is black, and when you shift you have clothes and stuff?"
"... yeah?..." I hesitated.
"That's because your a special kind of wolf. You are one of many who had that ability."
"Really?"
"There is a prophecy about wolves with black coats who have ability's that are unlocked by finding there mate, and more with excepting them..." she paused. " in said prophecy, the black wolf is always a mate to the wolf with the white coat, who has there own ability's."
"But... that would mean that.... you?"
"... Yes."
What?
_____________________________________________
1588 words