Chapter 1

"I'm sorry Ally! My parents decision is final, we are leaving when we are done with school for the summer."

"But that's in two days! What am I suppose to do with myself while you are gone?"

The bell finally rang and the last block of school was finally over. Just one more day of exams and I'm finished for the year!

"Ummmm, I don't know? We live in South Carolina, go to the beach! There are a bunch of hot guys there that you can meet!" I gave her my usual glare.

"Common Em, you know way better than I do that it's weird to go to the beach by yourself, and you should know I'm definitely not taking Kristen with me ever!"

Usually these conversations go on forever, she will eventually listen to me. She's gone to the beach hundreds of times without me, but just not with Kristen.

"she's not that bad ally, I'm sure you will figure it all out."

I unlocked my car and threw my book bag into the back. Ally did the same and hopped into the passenger seat.

"I know you did not just say that. All she can possibly talk about is the last guy she has been with, I don't want to listen to that!"

All I could do was laugh, I mean she wasn't lying. When we are at lunch she talks the entire time about details of a guy she's been getting together with for the past couple nights, but Ally and I both know they are never permanent.

"It's not funny Emily!" She was looking at me with big eyes and I could tell she was trying very hard not to laugh.

"Well if it makes you feel better I will call you and tell you details about what I do, but I probably wont go into detail like Kristen does."

She looked at me "wow am I not good enough for you Emily!" she started fake crying into her lap. "I mean just tell me were I went wrong!"

I gave her a light shove and laughed " sorry to disappoint you Bae, but its just not going to happen."

she stuck her bottom lip out, but then she looked at me and that didn't last very long until she started laughing hysterically.

I drove into her driveway and looked at her "I'll see you tomorrow Ally! Try not to get in trouble!" I was looking at her with a big grin across my face.

"Trust me, knowing my parents I am probably already in trouble." She opened the door, got her bag.

I laughed and put down my window and yelled "Bye!!!!! love you! See you tomorrow bright and early sunshine!"

She turned around and was walking backwards and yelled back "love you too!!!! see you in the morning Em!" Then she disappeared through her doorway.

*

I walked into my house and of course nobody was home, my parents work constantly, and my brother Gray was probably over at his friend Tyler's house. I threw my keys and my bag on the counter. I saw a note on our fridge.

-Emily, I will be done with work at 6! Be ready to go with me to the mall to do some last minute shopping! Love, mom-

I looked up at the clock, great already 4:30, I threw the note on the counter and walked to the fridge to get a bottle of water.

It's not that I'm ungrateful to go shopping it's just we have been doing this all week! Then again I will be in Hawaii for the whole summer. It couldn't hurt anybody, but most likely I'll have to go shopping there too. Oh joy.

I walked over to my couch and threw our great big fluffy blanket over me. Four hours of sleep isn't enough.

I grabbed the remote turning on the TV and flipped it to How I Met Your Mother. This is my current obsession, and I watch any possible moment I can.

I rolled over setting the remote back on our coffee table, then I leaned back against the couch propping a pillow up so I was extremely comfortable. Before I even got to watch my show I was fast asleep.

*

"Emily!"

I jumped and opened my eyes and my mom was standing next to me.

"It's about time you woke up! I have been standing here for five minutes trying to get you up!"

I sat up rubbing my eyes and looked at my phone, it's only 6:10. Basically, she just got home. Replying to all my messages from Ally I stood up and walked over to our kitchen "so when are we leaving?"

my mom stood against the counter scrolling through her phone, "well its a weekday so the mall isn't open as late as I would like it to be but it'll have to do."

I rolled my eyes, cracking a smile "wow mom that definitely answered my question"

she moved her eyes away from her phone and looked at me "now, we need to leave now."

"okay that's all I needed to know!" then we both grabbed our things and walked out.

*

Walking through the 20th store already I went through the racks of clothes while my mom took all of our bags out to the car, when she takes me to the mall she probably buys half of the store.

Looking at each bikini in deep thought I finally found a couple that I actually liked. Just when I went to turn around I ran into the most annoying girl herself. Kristen, yay me!

"Oh hey Emily! I didn't see you there!" she said in her annoying high, nasally voice.

Well I kind of wished it stayed that way.

"Haha, me either what are you doing here?" faking the laughter of course.

"oh you know, just getting some summer clothes before everyone comes and takes them all, what about you?"

"Oh the usual my mom made me come to get more clothes that I probably don't need." Thinking about it, where is my mom?

I turned looking around to find any sight of her just so I could get away from this conversation before she tells me her latest guy story.

"Oh my gosh sounds like fun! hey aren't you the one going to Hawaii?"

I opened my mouth but unfortunately she said words before I did.

"No way! When I went there I met the most attractive guyyy..." Oh god here it comes.

"Emily!" I turned and looked over at my mom standing there. I have never been so happy to see her.

"Oh sorry Kristen, my moms back and I have to finish shopping so we can get home."

"No problem Em, see you later!" She turned around walking out of the store.

I went back to searching the racks, all I wanted to do was leave it's going on eight already.

Then I found it, the most perfect bathing suit yet. It had a string that went behind your neck, but you could take it off to make it strapless. It was a blue and green color, it had strings that would dangle from the top, the bottoms were the same color. It's perfect because it will make me look super tan, and it's just what I wanted.

Trying it on was even more perfect, it was comfortable, and let's be honest I can rock this. I changed and gave my mom the clothes and she went up and paid for them.

Then finally I was going home at last.

Hey guy's! Thanks for reading my book! It's my first, so sorry if it isn't perfect, but I'm sure ill catch onto it sooner or later. But if you liked it please vote, or comment. I'm good with criticism so don't be afraid to tell anything.

> to the right I have a picture of the bathing Suit she found so check it out!>

-Lauren_In_Wonderland-