Chapter 7

Today is the day, the day Ally is finally coming to stay with me and my family for the summer.

I've hung out with Ryan everyday, my family still hasn't met him, but gray knows about him. He thinks I'm crazy for how much I've begun to like him in such short time, mainly because he is a player himself and doesn't want me getting hurt. I hope Ryan doesn't turn out to be like the others.

Ally's is suppose to arrive tonight so that means I just have to go one more day without her. In the mean time I'm going over to the beach to tan since I haven't done it as much as I would like.

"Bye mom! Call me if you need me!"

There was no answer, I didn't worry much, so I walked out to find Gray just laying in the middle of the yard.

"Gray are you okay?"

"Just terrific."

"What's wrong?" I asked extremely worried about him.

"I'm bored that's what's wrong." I rolled my eyes, but he didn't see me.

"Oh do you want to come with me?"

"To be a third wheel between you and your new boy toy, I'll pass." He said shoving his face back down into the grass.

"Well I was just going to the beach by myself, but now you can stay here."

"NOOOO Emily, don't leave me here!" He was reaching his arm out at me like he was dying of dehydration, he's so dramatic.

I was Still walking away from him. Then he yelled again "please I'll be good, heck I won't even leave your side!!"

I turned around to a pathetic gray still laying on the ground. "Promise?"

"YESS!!" He stood up and ran to my side and slowed his pace to match mine.

"Thank you for not leaving me."

"Anytime."

"Not that I care or anything but where is Hawaiian Ryan?"

"First of all, he doesn't live here he lives in California. Second of all, how should I know?"

"I mean I'm just saying but you have been with him more in the past week than you have been with me in the past three months!"

I rolled my eyes again. "That's such a lie! I have not."

"Please when you wake up to when you go to sleep you are with him. I know you like him and all but you aren't playing the game very well."

"Seriously you are bringing up the game and you are now 22?"

"I'm just telling you if it works, it works!"

"So you're telling me after I already know he likes me, to go and pretend like I don't like him? Gray the game works to get people's attention."

"And I know that! But I'm not saying pretend like you hate him, I'm saying distance yourself a little to keep him guessing, nobody likes a girl without a little mystery."

I knew he was right, I just didn't want to admit it. "Okay Captain Cupid, what do you suggest I do then."

"Oh that's easy, you want to show him that you have options that he's not the only guy that likes you."

"If you are suggesting for me to go off to many other guys and play with their hearts, I'm not doing that. I see how you make girls cry from you standing them up, I'm just not that kind of person."

I walked onto the beach, I put my towel down and laid on my back.

"Okay I don't make girls cry... And even if I did you're making this too complicated. All I'm saying is if a guy flirts with you, flirt back. Trust me if Ryan truly likes you he will be extremely jealous and he will want to protect you even more because he will finally know he isn't the only guy that likes you."