Chapter 9

"Emily why do you keep smiling like that?" She was constantly poking my face.

I woke up, and looked at her "smiling like what?"

"You know, you're smiling like you are actually happy, like you use to." She smiled at me. "Are you actually serious about this one?"

I smiled even bigger than I already was "he asked me to be his girlfriend last night in the kitchen, after you and Gray went back to watch TV." She dropped her mouth and then moved her hand over it.

"My best friend, Emily Grace Ross, is actually serious about a relationship?" She was hovering over me on the bed, because I haven't gotten up yet.

I laughed "yeah I guess you could say that." I stopped to look over at my phone which vibrated on the stand next to me.

But Ally being Ally, jumped over me to grab it before I could.

"Common Ally, give it back!" I held out my hand to see if she would actually give it back, but I had a good idea that she probably wouldn't.

"Awweee Good morning my beautiful girl, I can't wait to see you today." She mocked him in a fake high pitch voice.

"Shut up Ally, and give me my phone." She put it in my hand, "wow you are making me all depressed now, we will no longer be the two best friends who are single and living a crazy life." I looked over at her and shook my head slowly.

"Oh common Ally just because I am dating somebody, it doesn't mean we won't continue to have fun like we did before we came here, we just have to cut out the dating, and I won't be making out with as many people." I turned my head to the side a little, looking at her eyes.

"Just remember what I said before I came here, I will kill him if he hurts you, and it will be even easier now because I'm already here so if he hurts you, all I have to do is walk down the street." She went from being sad, to making us both laugh because we both thought about how she's yelled at my past boyfriends for hurting me.

Our bedroom door opened and Gray walked in. "Hey guys, I was bored and didn't know what to do." He didn't look at me once, he kept his eyes on Ally.

"Oh we are just talking." Then she looked up at him and he turned his face toward me "yeah did you know Lauren has a boyyyyyfriend."

He hopped on the bed and laid across our legs "so you guys are dating now?" I nodded in response. "Is it because he got jealous when you flirted with other guys?" he said with a grin spread arcoss his face.

I just looked at him for a minute and then I said slowly "Gray, honey, what did I tell you. I'm not going to mess with his heart especially because we both like each other."

"Wow you're no fun what so ever."

"Shut up and get up off my legs, they are going numb." Then I kind of kicked him off of me.

Ally laughed because he made a loud thud when he hit the floor and then he rolled "you guys are so mean, a simple please would have worked."

Ally spoke in her little kid voice "awe I sowwey Gar Bear! Are you alright?" She said kneeling down to him to make sure everything looked the way it should.

Woah wait did she just say Gar Bear? Since when did she have that pet name for him?

"I've called him that for the past year now thank you very much!"

"What are you talking about?" Please say I said that in my head.

"You said when did I have a pet name for him, I said for the past year now." She said looking at me with a serious face trying to prove a point.