Chapter 21: "I Can't Move On"

I hear my moms voice faintly as I slowly flutter my eyes open. Her voice becomes more clear. "Merry Christmas Eve Taylor!" she said bringing me a tray of food.

"Breakfast in bed?"

"Yes! Two homemade bacon and egg tacos with chocolate milk- your favorite!"

"Yes!" I squealed like a little girl. My mom hasn't made me breakfast in bed in forever. She used to do it a lot when I was little; on special days like my birthday or when she was just feeling happy. I checked my phone and Forest had texted me.

Forest: CHECK THE BAND PAGE NOW!

My stomach jumped. Maybe we actually got followers. I quickly signed in and the notifications blew up. We gained about 70 followers, which is pretty amazing for just a day. There were lots comments on the photo of Forest playing guitar, which angered me because they were girls.

Woah, when did he get so hot?

I didn't know you played guitar!

Cute ;)

Perfecttttt

still a dork. But he's adorkable💕

Dang, he's fineee

I managed to remind myself that Forest didn't like any of these girls anyway-but still. They're annoying. They suddenly see him differently because he can play guitar? I refreshed the page and a new picture popped up. Forest or Matt must have posted it. It was a photo of me playing the drums. Part of me is scared to see what people will comment, because last time I checked comments on my photos, they weren't too friendly.

Me: Just saw, come over now!

Forest: Ughhh it's so early

Me: FOREST LUCY DAVIDSON!

Forest: I TOLD YOU NEVER TO SAY MY MIDDLE NAME.

Me: Well I did! Now come!

Forest: Fine...only because I love you though

Me: :)

Ding dong.

I opened the door and saw Forest in sweatpants and an old T-Shirt, yet his hair seemed like he spent hours doing it; every hair in perfect place, The perks of being a boy. He went in for a hug but I held my hand out. "So it seems like all these girls have a crush on you now."

"Oh, yeah. It's weird right?"

"Yeah. So...you're okay with that?"

"Yes! It's kinda cool...girls have never really liked me. BUT, it also means they'll all be jealous of you." He winked.

"Psh, don't get a big head now 'Tree'" I joked.

"Ohh! I see now, YOU'RE jealous!"

"I am not!"

"You totally are."

"What would I even be jealous for!?"

"The fact that I'm enjoying the comments."

"Oh...maybe a little."

"Aww Taylor," he said wrapping his arms around me. "You know you're the only girl I'll ever love."

"Really?"

"Of course! It's not bad to get some compliments right?"

"No, you're right" I agreed.

"So can I hug you properly now?" He asked smiling.

I rolled my eyes smiling, "If you must,"

He gave me a tight hug while softly rubbing my back. He was kissing me right when my mom decides to walk in. "Oh! Did I interrupt something?" She giggled.