Chapter 15

So by popular demand I have somehow resurrected myself and this account to add some more chapters? I went back through and reedited the rest of the story since my 14 year old me writing was making me cringe. Anyways 4 years later, I've returned to write some more because some of you lovely birds actually like this and want more :3 No promises on there being more than this, since it will take quite a bit more to finish and i wouldn't wanna rush nor do I think that will happen ^^;

also i might go off canon some with Pitch's character simply because it's funner so bear with me

AURORA POV

Everything around me was dark. Bleak. Devoid of any color or life. The walls were bleached black and tall dark horses surrounded us.

"What do you think of my lair?" Pitch asked sincerely.

"Uhhh....would it kill you to add a little color?" I responded in jest, although it was true.

His eyes flared black with amusement and he began to shout in jest, "I am Pitch BLACK and you have no right to tell me....." but his voice began to trail off when he saw the somewhat frightened look in my eyes.

"Sorry, but I have a bit of a temper. I'm not used to being around, well, anyone," he said, his voice now tinged with sadness.

I know it is probably stupid, but I felt bad for him. To have been alone for so long? It's a wonder he's not completely mad. 

"Why do you care about me? I know you said I remind you of someone, but that can't be all, so what is it?"

"Aurora," he said, drawing my name out in a long purr, "you are the keeper of secrets, of things lost and forgotten. You alone remember what has been destroyed by the rampage of time. You lurk in the shadows, collecting these things. It is in your nature to be separate, always watching form the sidelines, part of this world but never belonging to it. As it is my nature to do the same. We are kindred spirits, or have you not realized that yet?"

He gave me a devilish grin and was waiting for my response.

"Uhh...if you say that is the cause of your interest in me, then why did you seem to care about me as a kid?"

"I could sense the power in you as a child, what potential your loneliness held. How sad that such an innocent child had no idea of what could come out of her momentary suffering?"

I squinted at him. "I don't buy it," I said, "You're not as evil as you make yourself to be, so I refuse to believe that your motives were purely ulterior." 

I hoped that would hit a nerve. There was more to what he was saying, but I couldn't quit figure it out. Who did i remind him of? And why does he care about me?

He gritted his teeth and frowned. 

"You vex me so, child. I am the Boogeyman, yet you're trying to see the good in me? How naive!"

"Well to be fair, as far as my memories go I was only born a few years ago, soooo I think I get to be naive. As for my optimism," I shrugged," blame that on my awesome powers I guess. Besides, I have no reason to believe you're bad. You've never hurt me or threatened me, and I somehow don't think you ever will." I paused. "Well aside from when you apparently killed me, but I hear that was an accident? I would be offended, but well," I tapped the side of my head, "I have no memories."  

Pitch POV

Gah! When did she become so frustrating! And intuitive! 

I suppose I've never been around her when she's happy though- I made sure of that. Unfortunately this makes me rather unaware of her normal personality. Which was extremely frustrating right now. She barely remembered me, let alone knew anything about me or the Guardians, yet she presumes to know my morality? Bah! Presumptuous child!