Valentine's Day

"Does anybody out there know how it feels to be alone?" -Jacob Latimore x Alone

I sat by my daddy's hospital bed. Praying with every moment I got. Still, I was in my wedding dress. I didn't care how I looked, or what I was wearing, my father might be on his death bed. No, not yet. My father can't leave me I need him. So many people I love die, and not my daddy, not yet.

I've been sitting by his side for so long I don't even know how long it's been. "Nyla." I turned around to see Manny in the doorway. "We gotta go. You been sitting here for hours." I could see Manny went home and changed.

"C'mon, go home, shower, get some sleep and we'll come back." He ended.

I sigh. I kissed pops on his forehead and headed out. It hurt so much to see him like this.

After I took a shower and put on sweats and a tee, I jumped in my bed next to Manny. I turned over and just cried. "Its gonna be okay Nyla."

He rubbed my back and comforted me. "You know... Valentine's day is tomorrow." He whispered in my ear.

"Look, I'm really not in the mood. We could've been on our honeymoon by now." I told him.

He turned over and went to sleep. I didn't sleep at all though. The thought of my pops being gone never left my head.

The sun rose up, and I got up to make my morning coffee. I sat around sobbing for hours, letting it all out.

"Get up. Get dressed, look pretty, and get up." Manny demanded. He didn't even ask, he demanded.

I wiped my tears and got up like he said. I showered, and put on a tight black dress, red bottoms, and red lipstick. I wand curled my long hair, and sprayed my perfume. Chanel no. 5.

Manny and I walked to the car and he opened the door for me. "Thank you kind sir." I said to him properly, he nodded his head.

We drove off in his Maserati and headed somewhere I couldn't really figure it out. "Where are we going?" I questioned.

"Damn Nyla, stop asking questions. You'll see." He joked.

I sighed. I soon caught up to where we were going, but I was perplexed. "Why are we here?" I asked him.

We got out the car and stood in front of the building. "Manny...you made me get dressed up to go back to our high school?" I asked.

He looked me in my eyes, and held my face. "Its not just a high school." He said to me.

"Then what is it?" I asked.

He kissed me softly on my lips. "Its where we met, its where I fell in love with you." He added.

"Valentine's Day, is a day to remind the people that you love, that you love them. Nyla I don't just love you. I'm in love with you, and I forever will be. Without you everything is lifeless, and dark. You are my rock." He ended.

I smile spread across my face and a tear fell down to my left cheek. He smiled back. "Manny, you are my best friend, not just my man. I fall apart every time I'm not with you. You keep me in my place. You're my protector. You're my everything. I love you too." I said to him.

We stood outside our old school just making out like we were kids again. Like I was being touched for the first time. This date was unusual, but it meant everything to me.

"So, we go home now?" I asked and he laughed.

"No baby, I ain't that boring. I'm taking you out to eat, and my mom has the kids, so then we could go home and do some things." He said to me. He smiled his charming smile and licked his lips. "I like the sound of that." I said as I smirked.

We pulled up to Dior. Where the fancy rich motherfuckers go. "Oh so you just got money to be throwing around huh?" I smirked.

"Who keep buying you Gucci, Louis, and Prada?" He asked.

I smiled. "Exactly." He said. I laughed.

Manny and I had a wonderful dinner. We talked about our future. And where we were headed.

As we were driving home I said to Manny, "I'm sorry I didn't get you anything this year, I just been so caught up in the bull shit you know?"

"Don't worry about it, tonight is your night. And besides, you boutta give me my present when we get home." He smiled again.

We drove up to the house, and opened the front door. The first thing I did was take off my shoes. "Manny stay down here, I'll call you up when I'm ready." I said he nodded and sat on the couch yo watch tv.

I lit some candles, put on some freaky music, put on lingerie, and threw some rose petals on the bed. I put some champagne on some ice.

Lastly, I dimmed the lights. "Manny!" I yelled out. He came running up the stairs. I laughed.

"Now this? Is what I'm talking about baby." He licked his lips again.

He kissed my lips softly and then we got to the business. Hands everywhere. Our tongues in places that shouldn't be named.

The animal really came out of me tonight. Tonight we made love like no other night. Gasps and yells took over. Now this is what you call Valentine's Day.