Death Bed.

"So I cried, and I cried, and I cried, and I cried." - Candice Glover x Cried

I sat in the hospital next to my father's bed. He was still in a coma, and the doctors said it wasn't looking too good. I cried, and I prayed, and then I cried again.

If I didn't have tissues this hospital would be flooded. I talk to daddy. Hoping that maybe he's listening somehow. Hoping that he'd come back to me. Finally he did.

I started wiping my tears as I saw my father's eyes open. "Daddy?" I said. He smiled and I did too. I went to go get some doctors and they did some tests on him.

"He gonna be okay Doc?" I asked.

"He cant seem to feel his legs, unfortunately Ms. Harris. He's paralyzed from the waist down. I'm sorry." He ended.

"So you mean to tell me he's never gonna walk again?" I asked.

He nodded and the tears started coming back. "Oh God." I cried.

"Let him get some rest first, and then you could come back later to talk to him, okay?" The doctor said.

"Alright." I nodded and went home.

When I got home, I made my way to the kitchen and poured me some vodka. Yeah, it was the middle of the day but ain't care.

"Momma, why are you crying?" Kyree came in to ask.

I smiled at his innocent face. "I'm okay baby." I said as I put my glass down to hug him.

"I love you okay?" I asked.

He nodded and said, "I love you too mommy."

I went upstairs to our room, where Manny was. "Baby what's wrong? You been crying?" He asked.

"Daddy won't be able to walk again." I blurred out.

He sighed in sadness. "I'm so sorry." He reached over signalling me to lay down next to him.

"I don't know what to do anymore I'm so confused. Why is this happening to me?" I asked.

"And don't lie and say everything's gonna be okay, because its not." I added.

"You got a family that loves you Nyla. Everybody goes through things. But life moves on you know?" He said.

"Yeah, you right." I said as I cried myself to sleep.

I woke up early on a Saturday morning. I had to go out to the store. Zyona's birthday was coming up and Manny and I were planning a party. Nothing big though, she's just turning 9.

I went to Party City, walking down the decoration isle, when I ran into Caela, Manny's sister. "Hey Caela, what're you doing here?" I asked her.

"Actually...Manny sent me here, he said you were under some stress and could use a helping hand." He ended.

Caela was a gorgeous girl. Long brown hair, deep dimples like her brother, and a banging body. Caela was still in college though, she's only 21.

"Welp, he's right," I laughed.

"I heard about your dad, I'm so sorry." She said.

I help my hand up stopping her. "Its alright, I'm not the one who's paralyzed." I ended.

Caela and I got plenty of things for the party in a few days, and we've actually grown pretty close. She's cool people.

The party was at our house. We invited lots of family, friends, and Zyona's friends. The house was packed. We had music, snacks, and games for the kids.

Manny, and an old friend Cameron were working the grill. Passing burgers and hot dogs to anyone who was hungry.

While the kids jumped in the bouncy house, Caela and I were talking in the house. "You know Manny's a good guy. Even though Zyona isn't his daughter, he still treats her like she is." Caela said.

"What!?" I heard a yell come from the doorway. It was Zyona.

"What do you mean I'm not Daddy's daughter?" She asked sadly.

"I'm sorry baby girl, I didn't think you were ready to know yet." I pleaded to her trying to calm her down.

I signalled Caela to give us a minute to talk. She left the room.

"This is your party Zyona, don't ruin it. Go have some fun okay?" I said rubbing her back.

"We'll talk later." I added.

She nodded and went back to having fun with her friends. How am I gonna end up explaining to her that her father is actually dead, and Kyree isn't her brother. I was planning on explaining this to her when she got older. Way older. But she's only 9.

That was the least of my problems right now though. "Nyla you got a call." Caela told me.

I went into the kitchen to answer the phone. "Hello" I said perky. My perkiness rapidly drifted away. My body went numb, and I blacked out. "You're father, had a heart attack, I'm sorry but he's gone." Those are no words that a daughter ever wants to hear. This was a nightmare I was living. My father was actually laying on his death bed.