Concrete Jungle.

Ahh, the sweet smell of the city. I thought to myself as I exhaled. This was gonna be good for me, this was gonna be good for my whole family. We all needed some space.

I had the cab driver drop me off at a hotel. The men helped carry my luggage inside. "Hey, I'd like a room. Actually, a penthouse." I ended.

"Sure thing." The woman said at the front desk. I paid and she handed me the key.

"Enjoy your stay Miss." She said as I walked away.

I made my way up to the big ass penthouse. There was so much room for just me.

I unpacked my things, and got settled. It actually felt good to breathe again. Not to be in a house full of people and to just have space.

I knew what the first I had to do was. Shop. Shopping in New York? All the designer stores, and just the energy in the city. I was excited to explore.

I took a long, hot steamy shower, threw on black sweatpants and a black hoodie. I put on my oreo 5's and let my curly hair flow.

All I kept thinking about was Manny kicking me out. I didn't get it. He should know that I say and do some shit I don't mean, because of what I'm going through. I just needed a shoulder to cry on, a real good man to rely on. Especially when Daddy's gone, all I got is myself.

I started walking in the streets of Time Square. Lights everywhere, people everywhere. Everything seemed so much fun. I grabbed a chilli dog, from one of the food stands. New York food was good as hell. Just as I was about to bite into my hot dog, a man came up behind me.

"Nyla Harris, right?" He asked.

"Remember me?" He asked.

I sighed. Annoyed. Angry. Confused. Hurt. All those words came to my head at the very moment. Marquis. Marquis Marquis. There goes the fun in New York.

"Marquis." I said in a serious tone.

"You don't seem so happy to see me." He laughed.

"I'm not." I replied.

"Why not, we used to have some good times." He told me.

"Mostly bad ones." I said sad remembering my early teenaged years. Marquis used to beat me and treat me like shit. I try to let it go, but every time I think about it, it still hurts.

"Can we move past that? I was young and ignorant." He asked.

"You remember all those times you said sorry? All those times you called me a dumb ass whore and beat my eyes shut?" I sarcastically smiled.

"Cmon Nyla, don't be like that." He pleaded.

I started walking away. "It was nice seeing you." He said.

"Sure." I yelled back.

I feel like men never change. If you're a cheater you're always a cheater. If you beat woman you're always gonna beat woman. Simple as that. I thought.

I shopped all afternoon. Helps me get my mind off things. Tons of bags in my hands. I went back to my penthouse and ordered room service.

I got a call from the last person I thought would call me. Manny. "Hello." I answered the phone nonchalantly.

"Just hear me out okay?" He asked.

I let him continue. "I'm sorry for making you leave okay? I didn't mean anything I said, but you got out of hand and I didn't know how to react." He said. "I love you, you know that right?" He asked.

"I accept your apology, but I need time to think. You're single though. You whatever you please Manny. I'm gonna be here for a while." I told him.

"Be where?" He asked. "Please don't do this." He begged.

"Concrete Jungle baby." I smiled and hung up the phone. I was happy where I was. I didn't want to go back to bad energy. This was my medicine.

If you don't remember Marquis, he's from the early early early chapters. He only popped up a couple of times lol. But I just posted a new book about twins. Its called Double Trouble.Read, Vote, Comment and tell me what you think ♥.