Paradise/Disaster.

I woke up in my house. In my bedroom on a sunny Saturday with the sun beaming through my windows. Manny lay next to me. Everything felt so perfect, everything felt so right. I got up out of my bed and went to my kids' room. There, they slept peacefully. I jogged down the stairs to see Daddy and Momma on the couch, watching TV, and having a laugh. I don't remember ever seeing my parents together, at least getting along.

I sat on the couch with them, enjoying their company. All smiles and no sorrow. I decided to make breakfast. Pancakes, bacon, eggs. I whipped up about everything. And I never cook. Not like this. Manny and the kids made their way down stairs laughing and smiling. "Hey baby." Manny kissed me as he made his way in the kitchen. "You know I love waking up to food." He whispered to me as he smiled. I laughed and smiled back at him.

"Ayeee little man."  I heard Daddy yell from the living room talking to Kyree. Everything was good. There were no fights, everyone was finally getting along. It felt like paradise.

The doorbell rang. I went to open it, to see Caela, Manny's mom, Layla, and Kayleigh. I smiled and greeted them as they went to go greet everyone else. The whole family was here and we were having a ball.

Everyone ate breakfast and we just sat around telling old stories, laughing and embarrassing each other. It was so funny. Manny was talking about how Caela used to always snitch on him when they were little. Everybody laughed. That's when the doorbell rang again.

"I'll be back y'all." I said as I exited the room.

I opened the door to see someone I thought I'd never see again. Ever. "Why are you here?" I questioned the tall man that stood in front of me.

He laughed. "I'm here to see my daughter." Rich replied. "Well you cant see her!" I told him abruptly.

He brushed passed me and made his way to where everyone was. I followed him. Daddy stood up. "Rich." He said lowly. "In the flesh." Rich said.

Zyona's face turned confused. She knew exactly who was standing right before her. She was an exact replica of her father. She sat there in shock. Rich turned to look at Manny.

"So...." He started. "This the fool you downgraded with...right?" He asked smiling and pointing at Manny.

"Rich stop." I said to him.

Caela, Layla, and Manny's mom sat in confusion as well. "Who is this?" Layla asked.

"I'll tell you who I am." rich started again. "I'm Zyona's father, and Nyla's first love. Anymore questions?" He asked sarcastically. I sighed as Zyona started to tear up. Manny just sat there.With a death stare in his eyes. I saw his fists clenched up and I tried to stop it but it didn't work.

"Manny stop!" I yelled as he continued to punch Rich. I knew one thing, Rich got a big ass mouth but he cant fight. He was swinging at the air.

Daddy pulled Manny off of him and we had a minute of silence. Just a minute to breathe. As the silence filled the room, there it was again. The doorbell. I sighed angrily and went to open it.

"Why the fuck-" I started. She brushed past me and made her way to the living room. Daddy put his head in his hands and sighed. "Avery." Manny whispered.

"That's my name, don't wear it out." She said cocky.

"Oh shit!" Manny jumped as he looked at her stomach.

"You're pregnant?" He asked.

"Why are you so worried at the fact that she's pregnant?" I asked Manny. He looked terrified.

Avery laughed. "Oh don't play dumb Nyla. Isn't it obvious?" She asked me sarcastically. I looked at Manny, he was jittery and looked like he had too much sugar. I cried. And there goes that damn doorbell again. I swear I'm tired of this sound.

"What" I said as I swung open the door.

He smiled. "Nyla." He hugged and kissed me on the cheek. "Tyrrell." I said back. "Baby, I missed you." He said still smiling.

"Um, now's not a great time." I stated.

Just like everyone else, he brushed passed me and went to the now packed living room. What is this? Memory lane? I followed him and Manny and Tyrrell dapped each other. What the hell? They friends? I looked puzzled.

Manny walked up to me and whispered in my ear. "I'm not the only one who cheated." He said. My heart froze. So he knew all along? There goes that fucking doorbell again. "Someone go open the fucking door before I blow up." I said angrily. Who the hell is it now? Kyree opened the door and made his way back to the living room. Behind him followed Ta'Mia and Dorian. "Hey girl, I missed you." Ta'Mia said like she just saw me last week. This had to be a dream, it just didn't add up.

I woke up in a hotel. My kids were still asleep. That dream...it...it felt so real. It was so great in the beginning, like a Paradise. Exactly what I wanted. But it turned into a disaster, rapidly. I took a deep breath and rested my head on my pillow. I had to figure out my next move. I couldn't go back home, not this time.