④① 🧡 Wattpad Help: Getting Others Involved

Let's wrap up this help book with some more Wattpad tips, and what's more important on Wattpad than engagement? You need INVOLVEMENT, just the way Lucy says, Charlie Brown!

So let's begin to end there.

Getting people involved in your page is a careful process. Some of the ways we writers do this is through Read-for-Reads (etc), replying to comments, creating update books, and starting community profiles. I happen to have tips for all of these endeavors.

In this chapter, let's go over Read-for-Reads (etc) and replying to comments.

Read-For-Reads +

All of the following are worth doing as much as you can, but only agree to what you will actually do. Don't overbook like airlines overbook their seats, leaving some people hanging and out to dry. People respectful to others' time.

Read-for-Read (R4R): reading someone else's story in exchange for them reading yours. The implication is that you read thoroughly. Sometimes this may be the whole story and sometimes only a few chapters. Be weary of people not following through, but don't be afraid to be the one who gets things going. Start it as agreed upon, and simply keep an eye on things from there!

Comment-for-Comment (C4C): kinda reading someone's story in exchange for the same. The goal here is to skim and lay down impressionistic comments. When doing a C4C, do not do any critiquing, because you're not really reading the work. It's best not critique unless asked anyway. And never be negative, even if you don't like something!

Vote-for-Vote (V4V): formerly banned but no longer. This is really easy to do—you vote for their story and they vote for yours. No reading involved. As such though, be careful what you vote for! Don't vote for any banned or illegal content. Try to read that much as you gloss over the chapters!

Replying to Comments

If you get comments on your book, reply to as many as you can, even if you get a lot.

Yes that's right. You heard me, Charlie Brown!

I'm sure some of you reading this have posted comments I never replied to; however, in my first year and a half on Wattpad, I did reply to everything, and for anyone who is starting out that's what you gotta do. 

And why shouldn't you? Replying shows gratitude and engagement from your side. It takes time, but they're taking the time to read your story. I can't help but continue to reply to comments for this very reason. I don't get them all, but I usually reply to each user if not to each of their (possibly many) comments.

Get out there, thank people, and tell them to have a wonderful day!

Have a wonderful day!