Chapter 9

In the media spot it Finny. (Traced him from a pic of Gray, I didn't draw this without a reference sadly, I feel so bad for tracing *cris*)
_____________

The train ride was silent. The five had sat in a separate place than Natsu, Lucy, and Happy.

"We don't say we know him." Finny whispered. "We'll just say we encountered a man on the job, and tell them what he told us. Then we tell them that Kayla felt something was off when we went to get the reward money. She went in and saw the same man again, and Kayla will have to explain what happened in there."

Voodoo nodded. "If we do this right. They won't know where we came from."

"But the topics bound to come up." April whispered. "What will we do then?"

"Yeah, we can't just tell them that we're from the most feared guild! Or that we're the five everyone talks about!" Melody exclaimed, only to have her mouth covered up by Voodoo.

"Hey, why don't you announce it to the whole guild while you're at it, Loud-mouth?" Voodoo asked darkly. "Have you forgotten that there's a dragon slayer right next to us?" She asked.

"A motion sick Dragon slayer." Melody said, moving Voodoo's hand. "Or did you forget that?"

"Trains are hell..." Kayla groaned, slumped over, a bit pale.

April giggled a bit. "Well, I think the motion sickness is a dragon slayer thing."

Kayla just groaned. "End my suffering." She managed to mumble out, causing the others to laugh.

The train soon rolled back into Magnolia and the group got out, Kayla sprang back to life as Natsu did.

"You know. Do you think the motion sickness will give away Kayla being a... You know." April asked, looking up at Finny.

"We can only hope they don't make the connection." Finny replied.

April nodded.

They walked back to the guild hall, where Natsu loudly announced their return.

"Welcome back!" Lisanna exclaimed, walking up to them. "How was your first job?" She asked.

Kayla looked at her. "It went fine. Until..." She trailed off, glancing at the fabric that was tied around her arm to stop the bleeding.

"Until what?" Lisanna asked.

"Is the master here? He needs to hear this." Finny said, looking at him.

"I'm right here child." The master walked up to the group. "What do you need to talk about?"

Finny glanced at the group and they nodded, then he started to explain.

"As you know, we went on a job with Natsu, Happy, and Lucy, it was a bit difficult, but, not impossible. We decided to split up, Natsu, Lucy, and Happy going one way while we went another. After some walking we arrived in a small field just outside the forest the monsters were where we saw someone, he had a guild Mark, one we had no idea where it came from." Finny explained, that last part was a lie, they didn't see a guild Mark, and they knew where he was from. They knew where it was too, it was under the hair that covered up his eye. On his cheek."

"What did the guild Mark look like?" The Master asked.

"It was a cloud, under it there were cross bones." Voodoo said, describing the Death Storm guild Mark.

The master placed a hand to his chin, "If you're describing that right, then that must mean you ran into someone from that guild." He muttered, mostly to himself. "You're lucky to of made it out alive. But it seems as though you have more to say."

Finny nodded. By now, the whole guild was gathered around, Erza was standing just behind the master, she probably got back from the job a while ago.

"He told us that the monsters were the first seal. Freeing them from their prison to be exact."

"The first seal to what?" Erza asked.

"Mors a tempestate. That's what he said." Kayla said, stepping forwards. "We don't know what it means though."

"Mors a tempestate... I've read about that somewhere..." Levy said from behind the group. "Hold on a second." She walked away, soon coming back with a book in her hands. She placed it on a table and flipped through the pages, "Here we go." She said, reading a bit then she gasped, her eyes widened, then she read out loud.

"Mors a tempestate, also known as Storm of Death, is a magical weapon that was made a long time ago. It requires the magic from five strong wizards, a wizard with storm magic being one of those five."

The five looked at each other, horror in their eyes.

"No wonder Cole said we were needed alive." Kayla whispered, only letting the five hear. "The Master wants to use us to power that weapon."

"It's said that once activated, the weapon can cause multiple major storms all around the world. And that doesn't mean just rain and snow, Hurricanes, Tornados, Huge lightning storms, and more."

Whispered filled the guild hall, their voices were filled with fear.

"There are six seals in all." Levy finished.

"And he's gotten knowledge of where the second seal." Kayla said. "It won't be long before all of them are broken."

"Then we need to hurry, do any of you know where the second seal is?" Erza asked.

The five of them shook their heads. "We have nothing." Kayla said.

"Then we'll have to search for it." Erza said. "Everyone, you know what to do. And be careful out there, you don't want to encounter the Fearsome Five," she looked over at the group, "Can any of you describe the man?" She asked.

Kayla nodded. "He's tall, dark blue hair, black eyes, a narrow face. His tone of voice is sly, creepy in a way." She explained.

Everyone nodded and spread around the guild hall, noise filling the hall as people started to run around with books.

Kayla watched, her hand moving to the middle of her chest, clenching the fabric of her shirt. Her necklace in her hand.

"Come on, you five help out too." Erza called out to them.

"Right!" Kayla exclaimed, running to grab some books, sitting at a table and opening it up. She watched as some people took jobs, hoping that they might encounter Cole, or the fearsome five, unaware that they were right there in the guild hall.

Kayla looked at April, who was sitting beside her, shaking. She placed a hand on her shoulder and smiled, "We'll be fine. We have the whole guild behind us."

"But will they be behind us when they find out who we really are?" She asked, looking up at Kayla with watering eyes.

Kayla looked at her, "I don't know." She whispered. "It's up to them to decide."