Chapter 14

Above is a pic of Taira (may or may not of traced a screen cap from the show... I'll explain her magic later, but, it's pretty self explanatory)

~Kayla's POV~
Kayla was laying on the floor of the room, board out of her mind. Behind her, Erza kept attacking the wall, hoping to make a hole that lead outside of the room.

"I told you, that's not going to work." Kayla said, sitting up and looking at Erza, her eyes dull.

"Well, if you hadn't stopped me from getting that girl we could of gotten out by now!"

Kayla just rolled her eyes and stared at Erza. "You're wasting your energy. The walls all have a spell placed on them, it makes them unbreakable no matter how strong the spell the wizard uses."

Erza stopped attacking the wall, taking a couple deep breaths. "How do you know that?"

"Because, I've grown up here, in this room." Kayla said, her eyes moving away from Erza and now staring blankly at the plate of half eaten food that Taira brought them. "Ten years of my life were spent in this stupid guild." She felt a point of a sword on the back of her neck, and she didn't have to move to know it was Erza's sword.

"What do you mean? Were you a spy?" Erza asked, "Is that how they knew we were there?"

"Do you think they would of stuffed me in this room if I were a spy for them?" Kayla asked, she let out a small laugh. "I'm a pawn to them. A weapon. I'm not even human to the Master." She felt her eyes start to water, and the scent of salt hit her nose. "I watched them... I watched them kill my mom right in front of me."

"What?" Erza asked quietly.

Kayla's hand moved to her necklace, "I was five." She whispered. "They threw a magic nullifying net custom made for dragons over her and I watched them attack her relentlessly, until." Kayla felt the tears start to stream down her cheeks.

"Your mom was a dragon?" Erza asked.

"Yeah. Eria was her name. The Storm Dragon. The dragon rumored to be the controller of the weather in this village. The offerings the village would give her she would usually share with me. If there were any material things, like stuffed animals or something Eria though I would like,, she would give them to me. She was always so kind." Kayla's voice cracked, and she took a shaky breath.

"Ug, my head." A voice said, causing Kayla to look over at the unconscious bodies, seeing Gray sitting up and holding his head, next to him, Lucy shifted and also sat up, holding her head also.

"Looks like the spell wore off on you two." Kayla said.

"My head hurts." Lucy complained.

"Woah. Erza, calm down." Gray said, seeing the sword against Kayla. His eyes then moved to Kayla's face and his eyes widened, seeing the tears wetting her cheeks. "Kayla?"

Kayla looked away and wiped her eyes. "I'm fine." She said. She couldn't let the others see. Sure, it was probably too late, but she remembered what Eria told her.

Always keep a smile on your face. Even when times are hard.

"Erza. I assure you, you can trust me." She said, standing up and feeling the sword move with her body. "I'm pretty much powerless in this room." She raised a hand and tried to conjure a lightning bolt, only to have a small spark fall to the ground. "They know my magic so they've also coasted a spell to nullify it. The same with Finny, Voodoo, April, and Melody."

"Wait, what do those four have to do with this?" Erza asked.

"You must of figured it out already, it's not that hard to piece together and you're smart." Kayla said with a sad smile.

Erza looked at her, then realization sparked in her eyes. "The Storm Bringer."

Kayla smiled softly. "You guessed it. The five of us, we all grew up here."

Gray looked at her, his eyes wide. "You're The Storm Bringer?"

"That's my nickname, don't wear it out." Kayla muttered.

"This is insane." Lucy said.

Kayla sighed. "As much as I would like to tell you guys everything, we need to find a way to get out of here before he comes."

"Who's he?" Lucy asked.

"The Master of Death's Storm."