Chapter 11

The group walked along the forest path, Kayla in the lead with Erza trailing behind, on the lookout if anyone would jump out and try to attack the group.

Though unknown to the others, Kayla also had her guard up, though she was excited, she was also fearful, if any of them found her, it would be game over, the others would know who she really was, and who the others really were, and soon the whole guild would be scared of them, and they would be alone again. Feared by everyone again.

The trees started to thin out and the group was soon standing in the village. Kayla looked around, she hadn't been in the village for long periods of time, but she used to visit every once in a while. Eria had been able to transform into a more humanoid form to go with her, though her eyes were still dragon-like.

"Kayla, is that you?" A cracked voice asked, causing Kayla to turn around, seeing an old lady with her gray hair in a bun.

"Miyu!" Kayla exclaimed, running up to the lady. "It's been so long!"

"You've grown up so much, the last time I saw you you were only up to my knees!"

Kayla laughed a bit, her cheeks flushing. "Well, that was ten years ago." 

"Where did you go, it got quiet after you just disappeared." Miyu looked at her.

"Oh, I went to travel around the world." Kayla said. "I met some awesome people, and just recently I joined FairyTail."

"Oh! I'm so proud of you!" Miyu said, smiling widely. "You've made you're way in the world!"

"Yeah."

Suddenly someone cleared their through behind Kayla, causing her to look over, she smiled. "Sorry Erza." She said with a sheepish smiled. "I just had to say hi."

"Well, I think catching up is wonderful, but you should do that after the job." Erza told her sternly.

"Right. I'll talk with you later Miyu! It'll be nice to catch up!"

"Of course. Be safe on your little job!" Miyu told Kayla, watching as the young girl ran up to the group with a warm smile.

"Okay, so what's this job about?" Kayla asked, looking up at Erza.

Erza looked at her, "You don't know?" She asked.

Kayla shrugged. "I just know it requires a lightning Mage."

"Then let me explain. During some storms, lightning as been shooting up from the ground, and it's a danger to the villagers who live here."

Kayla placed her hand to her chin. "Got it, and they need a lightning Mage because it might mean someone needs to absorb the magic." She said.

"Exactly." Erza said.

"Then let's get started, 'Mission 'Search for the Cause of Lightning' go!" She exclaimed with a large smile.

"Well, we might not have to go searching for it." Erza pointed out, looking at the sky, "There's a storm coming our way."

Kayla looked at the sky, seeing the large gray clouds rolling in. She sniffed the air, making sure the others didn't notice. The storm was going to be a big one. "We should find cover. It's moving fast." She muttered, looking back at the others, the scent of rain was getting stronger and stronger by the minute.

"How can you tell?" Happy asked.

"Well, everyone in the village sort of has a sixth sense." Kayla explained. While this was true that the villagers could sense storms, she could practically predict the weather for the next day, since she can smell the air and feel and change in the climate better than any of the villagers due to her enhanced senses. "It's something I've grown up with." She said.