Chapter 15

Kayla walked past Erza, and placed her ear to the door, listening for footsteps. After a while of not hearing anything, she walked towards the bookshelf and looked for a book, grabbing the one she was looking for and went to sit down at the table the others were, opening it and flipping through the pages.

"So, you five are the fearsome five?" Lucy asked.

"Still wrapping you're head around it?" Kayla asked, stopping once she found the page she was looking for.

"It's a lot to absorb." Lucy told her. "I just..." She trailed off, seeming not to know what to say.

Kayla sighed. "I can understand that." She said. "But right now, we need to focus on trying to get out of here."

"You five didn't seem evil." Gray stated.

"Tell me, do you believe in every rumor you've been told?" Kayla asked him, looking up from the book. "What guild we're in doesn't always define our personality. I know some wizards in here that would be happy to become a legal guild, but they're all to scared to go against The Master to go against the guild. We're all so scared of him." She said that last part mostly to herself.

The three looked at her, not knowing if they could trust her.

Kayla felt her eyes start to water, but she held back the tears and took a deep breath, there was no time to cry. "Trust me or don't, I can't do anything to convince you. Trust is so hard to get back after it's broken." She perked up as a crashing sound reached her ears, and she looked towards the door, walking over and pressing her ear against it, a small smile creeping on her face as she heard familiar shouts getting closer.

"They're here." She whispered, mostly to herself.

~3rd Person~

The guild ran up to Death's Storm, and Natsu and Gajeel burst through the door, making a hole for the the guild to enter.

"FairyTail's here and you've got some of our friends." Laxus exclaimed walking into the guild hall. "I suggest you let them go before you regret it."

There was a laugh, and a man stood up, walking up in front of Laxus. The man was about as tall as Laxus, but he was a bit more buff, with white hair neatly cut on top of his head.

"What can you do, little man?" He asked slyly, his voice rough. "And those aren't your friends, those are our weapons. Well, at least one of them is."

Voodoo's eyes narrowed. She knew that guy, he was Kayla's trainer, though she smiled, he had no idea what Laxus could do. And what he called them, weapons. They weren't just weapons. They were fierce FairyTail wizards.

"Who're you calling little?" Laxus asked, looking down at Kayla's trainer. "The only little man here that I see is you."

Kayla's Trainer growled and lightning surrounded his hands. He threw a punch of lightning at Laxus, who easily grabbed onto the man's hand and absorbed the Lightning.

"Thanks for the power." He said with a smug smile.

The trainer looked at Laxus with wide and terrified eyes, Voodoo knew why, he was used to beating everyone down with one hit.

"Meeting someone your level must be scary." She said darkly, walking up to stand beside Laxus.

Voodoo saw a man move from the back corner.

"Valorie, it's been a while."

Voodoo looked at the man through narrowed eyes. He was short, slim, a thick head of brown hair with bangs almost covering his hazel eyes, and a dark purple guild mark on his upper left arm. He quickly raised his hand, silver strings extending from his hand. Voodoo raised her hand and blocked his attack, golden strings meeting with silver and disappearing into dust as they collided. She moved both her hands towards two tables and made them spring alive, golden threads entwining themselves into the two objects.