3: Pack of Marlboro's

I woke up to my door creaking opening as my sister peered in. She sighed and looked me up and down, "You better clean up your coke mess, oh and get your boyfriend out of here." She said in disgust "Mom and dad just got back, their making breakfast."

"F--- off Emily." I sighed trying to open my eyes fully, then, realizing my arm was wrapped around Nathan's waist and my leg was between his legs. I sat up abruptly and yanked my arm out from under Nathan which ended up waking him.

My sister sighed again, rolling her eyes then shut my door. I felt like I had the flu, that was the only downside to coke. I got out of my bed making it creek while Nathan rolled onto his back stretching his arms. Unfazed by what happened, because I don't think he even remembered what just happened he looked up at me.

"What did Emily say?" Nathan asked.

"My parents are home." I said while cleaning up our mess and scooting the coffee table back into its place. "I thought they were coming back tomorrow but whatever, they're always lying. Do you feel sick to Nathan?"

"Hell yeah." Nathan said yawning. "Like I got the flu." He got up and slowly walked into the bathroom that was attached to my room. I then heard the shower faucet start running.

"My parents for some reason are making breakfast." I said over the shower. "You want some?" They usually never made breakfast or lunch, and rarely even dinner. That's just how they were.

"Sure!" Nathan shouted back.

Once I was finished cleaning up the mess now making my bed Nathan walked out of the bathroom with a towel riding low on his hips.

"Can I borrow some of your clothes man?" Asked Nathan walking over to my dresser.

"Sure, no problem." I said glancing over at him. Now that I thought about it a shower seemed nice. I rubbed my eyes then did the same, walked into the bathroom leaving the door open. Then turning the faucet on, undressed. I got a glimpse of myself in the mirror and barely recognized myself. My eye was all purple and my lip, chin and neck covered with dried blood. There was even some white powder left over from last night on my nose. My ribs were bruised badly and a shock of pain ran through out my body when I touched it "Arghh." I moaned clenching my teeth.

Naked and cold I reached into the bathroom cabinet and pulled out a packet of Marlboros and a lighter, put one to my lips and lit it. I took a deep drag of it and sighed making the bathroom now filled with steam from the shower and smoke from me.

I stepped into the shower, and closed the clear door with the cigarette still in my mouth. I stood there, still, inhaling the warm air and nicotine, the peaceful sound of the water dripping down the walls of the bathroom oddly soothed me. The dried blood now started liquefying, it ran down my chest and legs all they way into the drain. The shower floor now looked sort of like a murder took place inside of it. I took one last puff and threw my cigarette on the shower floor. I scrubbed my hair and body until I felt like I had washed all of my blood and Kelsey off me.

I reached out into the cold bathroom air and grabbed a towel. When I walked out into my room, Nathan must have had the same idea. He was on my bed smoking a cigarette, Nathan looked picturesque sitting there, his wet golden hair lightly swayed in the breeze from my ceiling fan and his Sea Green eyes mischievously glistened in the light.

I'm guessing he came in when I was in the shower to get the cigarettes but I didn't notice him, I was too busy spacing out. He was wearing one of my many white T-shirts that was a little too snug for him since Nathan has more muscle mass than me. I'm a tiny bit skinnier than he is which he jokes about a lot, even though we're almost about the same size if you knock a few inches off Nathans hight. I just can't seem to gain any more muscle no matter how hard I try. Well, I don't try very hard I'm kinda lazy.

I reached into my dresser and grabbed a band tee and put it on, I also grabbed my underwear and some sweat pants. I wasn't in the mood for jeans since I felt so sick. I turned around, back facing Nathan and finished getting dressed.

When I finished getting dressed we both walked downstairs together. We were both talking about some new band he found when we were almost at the table my mother said, "What happened to your eye?? And Is that cigarette smoke I smell Ray Levnick?" She looked at me with her head tilted and a disappointing look on her face.

I completely forgot and spaced it, I always smoked outside my window when I was in my room. Also to be fair it was probably Nathan that she was smelling since I smoked in the shower.

"What?" I said trying to play dumb. "Of course it's not cigarette smoke you smell. Oh and this thing?" I said pointing to my eye. "I just, uh ran into the garage door last night." I lied plopping down next to Nathan and grabbing some pancakes and berries.

"We need to talk to you about something." My dad said coming from the other room with a mug of coffee in hand. "Do you mind leaving Mr. Nathan Jean?" Said my dad sternly.

"Dad, Nathan is family." I snapped at him. "Plus if it's about the cigarettes, yes! I smoke occasionally, but so does dad. So what, I'm of legal smoking age!"

"We know you smoke Ray, but it's not about that." My mother said changing her tone from disappointment to softness.

"Hey, I'll go. It's all good!" Said Nathan awkwardly smiling and grabbing more pancakes as he headed for the front door. "Text me later man, ok?"

"Alright, I will." I promised.

Once Nathan left, my sister peered at me from across the table sipping on her orange juice through a straw. I, confused, took a few bites from my pancake before my dad broke the silence.

"Are you gay son?"