Fun with Faith

That was so much fun.

We make our way down the street together towards my place.

Faith really knows how to have fun. We totally burned up the dance floor all night. It was absolutely incredible. After a couple songs we worked up a sweat and had to get a few more drinks. The guys came over to us at the bar and started hitting on us. It was pretty cool. Faith invited them over to our table and we talked. Dan, the guy with the goatee, had a thing for Faith, which was good cause I preferred his friend Kevin. They were pretty cool guys. We talked for about an hour or so, danced a few songs with them. It was a lot of fun.

Kevin said he was a senior in high school and had a part time job at a record store downtown. Dan was a sophomore in college, they knew each other because they both worked at the record store. It was cool to hang out with them, even though it was a little uncomfortable. I told Faith I wasn't really looking to hook up with anyone, and she invited those guys right over to our table. But she said we'd have fun, and I figured I'd follow her lead like she asked.

It wasn't until later that things got really fun. Right before we decided to leave, they asked for our numbers. I wasn't sure what to do. But Faith had a plan. She slid her way next to me and took my hand. Then she looked at me and asked if we should tell them. I wasn't sure what she was talking about, but nodded. So Faith leaned closer to me and said...

'We're taken'

The looks on their faces were just priceless. I was a little surprised myself, but I did what I could to hide it. They totally weren't expecting Faith to say that, and neither was I. I think Kevin was a little angry about it but Dan seemed to take it pretty well. Which is good cause they didn't seem like jerks, and they weren't. It was probably a little mean of us to do that to them, but it was fun. And now Faith's walking me back to my place so I can pass out.

I'm not drunk exactly. I did have a few more drinks than I normally do and I feel a little buzzed, I think that's the word for it, but I wouldn't say I'm drunk. Mostly I wanna go home and pass out because of all the dancing we did. It really kinda tired me out. Tonight was a lot more fun then I usually have by myself. I wish I'd bumped into Faith a few weeks ago. I could've had a lot more fun.

My apartment building comes into view a few feet away and we continue towards it. I can't help but laugh a little at the fun I had tonight.

"What?"

My eyes meet Faith's at her question.

"Nothing..."

She looks at me for an extra second before shoving her shoulder into mine playfully. It makes me take a couple strange steps.

"Come on, you can tell me."

Faith smiles at me and I smile back.

"I just... tonight was a lot of fun."

There's a silent moment between us and I'm not completely sure she agrees with me.

"Don't you think?"

"Yeah, I do kid. I had a lot of fun tonight. The kind I haven't had in a while."

I feel my smile get wider as we keep walking.

"I don't think I've ever had that much fun before. It was cool."

We turn down the walkway that goes up to my apartment.

"I just hope I didn't hold you back at all."

"Hold me back?"

"You know, from letting loose. I don't exactly have slayer stamina or anything."