Family Favours

Faith really cares about me. I can't help but get all tingly just thinking about it. Someone like Faith actually cares about me. In more than just a 'get in my pants' kind of way. That was always the thing that bothered me most about the guys I dated before. They were all about wanting to get in my pants in any way they could. Most of them would say just about anything to get at my panties. Even the guys who were more sensitive and nice to me were always wondering how to get me naked. It wasn't the nicest thing to find that out every so often.

But Faith wasn't like that. I was ready and willing to let it all happen right there and then, except when she found out I hadn't given myself to anyone else but was willing to give myself to her, she stopped. She stopped us from going where I was ready, willing and able to go with her because she cared more about what was better for me then getting some out of me. And it makes me feel so good to know that she did that. I've had to stop all the other guys, but not Faith. It makes me want her even more, knowing that.

Walking up to my front door, I open it with my key and go inside. As I shut the door, Buffy comes in from the kitchen.

"Dawnie? Good, you're home."

"Yeah, it was hard, what with all the walking and everything. I made it home though."

Buffy sorta half smiles at my joke.

"I was just a little worried because you're usually home before I am."

"Well, I stopped off for pizza on the way. I had a craving."

Which isn't entirely a lie, it just wasn't for pizza.

She looks at me with a slightly annoyed look.

"And it didn't occur to you that you might ruin your dinner?"

My arms cross over my chest as I look at her with my own annoyed expression.

"I'm not six anymore Buffy. It's still like, three hours till the usual dinner time at least and I'm nowhere near full."

"I know... I'm just making sure."

The only thing to do to that is roll my eyes.

Better to try and change the subject.

"So what are we having for dinner?"

"Spaghetti and meatballs..."

"Cool..."

"But I wanted to talk to you about something first."

Talk to me? Maybe this is what Faith mentioned earlier.

"What's that?"

"Let's sit down."

Hmm, this sounds serious.

We make our way into the living room and sit down on the couch together. We sit in silence for a few minutes uncomfortably, before Buffy decides to speak.

"Faith and I have been talking lately about a problem we've been having with the slayers we've been training."

They have?

"Okay..."

"Some of them have been a little too cocky than they should be lately. We were hoping you might help us out with a project we've been working on."

Me?

"What kind of project?"

"We're having Willow come in for a few days from Cleveland. She's going to be casting a spell that's going to help us with the plan, but it's not really going to work without your help."