The Red Eye

"Flight 780 from Cleveland has now arrived."

That's her flight. She should be coming off the plane soon, unless we don't see her.

"Do you think she'll be invisible like last time?"

Buffy looks at me from her standing position next to me, a disapproving but slightly amused look on her face.

"I don't think it's likely. Ever since the Slayer spell, she has a lot more control over her magic."

"I know, but it would be kinda funny if it happened again."

"Well, unless she's killed a bunch of people and tried to destroy the world, I don't think it'll be a problem."

People start coming out of the terminal and I stand up on my tippy toes to see if she's coming. There's no sign of her yet.

It's been a couple months since I've seen Willow. We've exchanged emails and talked on the phone whenever Willow called Buffy for strategy advice and stuff. Sometimes Buffy will go to Cleveland to get to know some of the slayers being trained there by Giles and the rest of the guys. She usually lets me stay home though. As much as I love to get involved in the demon world, talking with other arrogant slayer girls isn't my idea of a good time.

Researching and killing demons, I'm all for that. A big bunch of talk and watching my sister spar with other slayers is a little boring. I got enough of that in Sunnydale. So instead I get to stay home, eat pizza, and do nothing while she's off being authoritative. It's a whole lot of fun. In fact, it was the last time she went away that I decided to go out and go dancing at Slash.

"That looks like her."

Looking at my sister, I follow her vision to see Willow stepping out into the terminal. Buffy and I walk our way over to her and the second she makes eye contact, her eyes light up. She waves with one hand, carrying her on-board bag in the other. The second we're in earshot, she speaks.

"Hey guys..."

She and my sister close the gap between them and hug.

"It's good to see you Will."

They pull back from each other and then Willow turns to me. She opens her arms and we put our arms around each other, hugging.

"It's good to see you guys too."

After a few seconds, we pull back. We stand there for a second together. Buffy notices Willow's bag.

"Have you got anymore luggage we have to pick up?"

"Nope, I'm good."

She is?

My eyes look down at her rather small bag in confusion.

How can she have all her stuff in one bag?

"I thought you were staying for a week."

"I am..."

There's a grin on her face as we both look at her.

"It's a little spell I'm working on. It gives a carry-on bag a little extra room without actually looking that way. That way when our out of town slayers go home for the weekend or something, they don't have to wait for their luggage."

Wow, that's pretty cool.

"That's cool, so we can go then?"

She shrugs happily.

"I'm ready when you are."

We all turn towards the exit and get going. After a few steps, I notice Willow looking at me.