Decisions

Well, I guess this is it.

I sit in a booth at Slash, fiddling with my drink and waiting for Faith to show up. The music pounds through the club and people are dancing around me.

Either she shows up and everything's fine or I freaked her out and she doesn't want to be friends anymore. God I hope she shows up. We were really starting to become good friends. I don't want to lose that. It would completely bum me out. This place just wouldn't be as fun without her around to have that fun with. And we did have a lot of fun, or I did anyway. I was never quite sure whether she had any fun or not. She kept saying she did but maybe she was just saying that to be polite.

Then again, Faith isn't in the habit of saying things just to be nice. She hasn't been in the past from what I know. She must have been telling the truth when she said she had fun. Maybe that'll be enough. Maybe since we had so much fun together it won't matter that I gave her a kiss on the cheek. Not even a kiss, a peck. I hope that's what she's thinking, because otherwise things will get awkward. Faith and my sister work together. We're bound to run into each other sooner or later. Possibly during the next apocalypse.

Buffy could invite her over for dinner or something. She only did it that one time after Sunnydale, but it could happen again, I suppose. I wouldn't want things to be awkward. That would just be too uncomfortable.

My eyes lift themselves from my drink and I look out over the crowd, scanning it for Faith. She's nowhere in sight.

She has to come. I don't know what I'll do if she doesn't come. Things will get really awkward if she doesn't come. Or, I think they will. I know they will for me. I'm not sure how she'll feel about it exactly. I guess I won't know until she comes. If she comes that is. There's still a really good chance she won't. And if she does come, it could just be about the kiss on the cheek and then she'll go. Anything could happen when she gets here. If she gets here.

I take my hands off my glass and wipe them on my pants. Some of what I'm wiping off is from the glass, and some of it is from how nervous I am.

Why the heck am I so nervous about this? There's nothing to be nervous about. It was just a peck on the cheek. It wasn't anything more than that... I don't think. Maybe it was more than that, but it wasn't intended that way. It wasn't intended as anything more than just a thank you for such a nice time. I just... I hope she'll let me explain that.

"Hey..."

Looking up at the voice that just spoke, the sight of Faith standing there makes me even more nervous. She smiles at me in the way she does.

"Hey..."

Okay, I have to be calm about this.

"Mind if I sit down?"

"Oh, sure..."

She slides into the booth next to me. A couple seconds of silence pass and I feel like the world's going to end if one of us doesn't say something. Thankfully, like always, Faith starts things off.

"So, how's life?"

Her voice is a little emotional.

"Umm, it's good."

"That's good."

We fall into silence a little while.

All right, it's now or never.

"Look, Faith..."

My eyes drift to Faith and she's looking back at me. The look in her eyes does something to me. It touches me in a way I've never felt before.