Mending Fences and Broken Promises

This is good...

I take a sip of my drink while I sit in the cafeteria, eating my lunch.

Things don't feel quite so horrible anymore. For so long, I've hated this place. I might get good grades and do my homework and all that, but I've always hated the fact that I had to come to this place to get all those good grades. I hated this place and the people in it. Mostly just the people in it. They're all so mean and stuck up. Or most of them anyway. There are a couple people here who aren't so bad. People like Tess.

I'm so glad that she was so cool about me and Faith. I don't know what I would've done if she hadn't been. She could've gone and told everyone. That would've been a total disaster. Buffy would've found out and that would've opened up a whole new set of problems. There could've been a fight. Faith and my sister have never been the best of friends. They've never gotten along perfectly. If my sister found out that Faith and I are dating, she'd probably go nuts and start throwing fists.

But Tess was cool. She didn't say anything. No one batted an eye when we came back together. Willow told my sister that we went to fix our make up and everything was fine. We just went on with our night and had a whole bunch of fun. The girls were really cool. We talked about all the crappy teachers at school, and about a couple of the cute guys we see all the time. It was a little weird, talking about guys in front of Faith like that. She seemed to take it pretty well though, even joining in from time to time when we started talking about Brad Pitt.

It was a fun night. Especially when Faith and I snuck away again for a little grope session in a dark corner of the club. This whole making out thing is so much more fun then I thought it was. She makes it feel great. The way she touches me. The way she kisses me. The way my core aches for more when we stop. It's such an incredible feeling. I only wish we could've been alone so we could do a little more than just kiss and touch.

Every time we touch and kiss each other, I can't help wanting more. The more I touch her, the more I find my hands wandering to places where I can feel her skin on mine. A lot of the time, I'll slide my hand up under her shirt, just to feel her soft and smooth skin. We never go too far though, mostly because every time we do make out, it's usually in a place where we could get caught at any moment. Not sure why it keeps happening that way, it just always seems to be that way.

Tess is the only one who's actually ever caught us in the act though, so I guess it's a good thing she didn't freak out. She's one of the good people. The few people who actually used to make coming here even halfway bearable. It's not so horrible anymore though. After helping Faith and my sister with their training session and hanging out with the other slayers afterwards, I feel a lot better about being here.

It's not as horrible as it was before. The people here don't seem quite as self-centered and mean as they did before. Probably because it feels like I have actual friends now. I didn't before. Most of the students and teachers thought I was weird. Even the slayers seemed to stay away from me unless there was some sort of emergency, I'm not sure why. It doesn't feel that way anymore. It feels... normal. I feel normal. And I'm sure having a super hot girlfriend who wants me real badly doesn't hurt.

Suddenly, I see something freaky that I've never seen before. Candy is making her way over here with her lunch tray, and for the first time since I came to this school, half a year or so, she doesn't have Carmen and Tess with her.

What the heck happened to her? Did she get some sort of terrible contagious disease that made her friends shun her and now she's hoping to give to me?