Ch 19: Blow up the Moon

Vega POV:

my father and I sat on the prosecutors side in the courtroom to  watch, daddy wasn't allowed to testify because its his wife's murder case thrown in with the rest of the charges, the DA said it would be easy to cause the jury some doubt to his credibility.

I didn't like that something like that could make people think my dad was a liar but I was grateful to have a hand to hold when Wulfs dad walked into the court room.

I promised Wulf that I would be here so I'm sitting here, right between dad and uncle tom who they also had no need for. 

My fathers jaw started to tick and uncle tom  started to rub my back soothingly as Leonardo Night sauntered into the courtroom in an expensive looking suit.

He looked nothing like his son, he was overweight and smug looking with black hair so gelled it looked greasy. 

Sure his son was a smug son of a bitch but Beowulf was cute that way.

This man was a selfish bastard who cares nothing for anyone and can't love anything but his money.

So I sat there watching him like a hawk as he not once wiped that smug smile off his face. He thinks he's going to get out of this.

I hated that I couldn't do anything but watch the trial, but I trust Wulf.

I trust my Wulfie to help put this man away for the rest of his life.

~~

It was hours until Wulf was called to the stand, the room bursting into murmurs as beowulf night the defendants own son was called up by the prosecutor.

I smiled faintly as Wulf, charming as ever walked into the room and up to that stupid little box he had to sit in with an air of confidence. He caught my eye as he was being sworn in and smiled lightly.

I smiled back, waiting for my heart to calm down, I have no idea what he's going to be ask and I just hope he doesn't incriminate himself and get his own ass locked up.

The prosecutor, stood looking at Wulf sternly, "Mr. Night-"

"Wulf, my father is Mr. Night-" that charming smile flashed over Wulfs face, "Just call me Wulf."

I sighed. knowing he shouldn't interrupt the man.

But the greying attorney seemed to take this in stride, "Wulf, we brought you here to help the jury better understand your father, now, you have lived with him for the entirety of your life?"

Wulf nodded, "yes."

"And how would you describe your father?"

Wulf sighed a bit, "Well there are some choice words I would like to use for the man, but there are ladies present so I'll keep it clean."

He winked at one of the ladies in the Jury.

The defense objected for no reason as I tried not to giggle. something told me Wulf was about to take over the entire courtroom.

"Leonardo isn't a father thats for sure. I was raised more by the men who would wonder around the house more than my father himself. and when he did decide to parent it wasn't exactly pleasant..."

Wulf dove into his childhood stories, I knew every one that he spoke of today.

We both knew that he would have to go on the stand and talk about these things so Wulf asked me one night if I would listen to what happened to him growing up in that house.

For weeks we would lie in bed together curled up and he would tell me something new, tell me what scars were from his father and how quickly they healed.