Ch 33: Better People

Wulf POV:

I will not lie.

Before seeing Vegas dad I did my beat to make it look like he didn't just walk into my house while I was busy fucking her brains out.

But there is only so much a man can do to pretend he wasn't just having the best sex of his life.

And with Vega, every time is even better than the last.

Plus woman knows how to make me work up a sweat she is not easy to please, one of the most exciting things about sex with her. I want her to come apart while I'm inside her I have to work for it.

Like everything else with Vega, you have to earn it.

Ill earn more if her dad doesn't want me dead, so before i walked down the grand staircase I smoothed back my hair and focused on the least sexual things humanly possible, "Mr. Moore what a pleasant surprise. How can I help you.." I grasped for a polite word. Respectful. Gotta be respectful to the man who raised the woman I love, "sir."

He looked up at me, utterly unimpressed as I descended the staircase. "What did you do Wulf?"

"I am afraid I don't know what you mean."

"Last night, I know you did something to those policemen, but I dont know why."

"I assure you sir, I didn't do anything you can check my monitor I was here and as for the unfortunate incident we are still looking into it but it seemed to be a gas leak, I should have all the pipes checked."

"Ill be looking into your monitor records but I doubt you need to leave to get into trouble."

I smiled a bit, "ah. I can see your concern but I assure you I have been good."

"I doubt that. Where is my daughter."

"I haven't the slightest idea I haven't texted her good-morning yet but its early she could still be on her morning run."

He just stared at me for a moment, "Beowulf."

"Please. Call me Wulf, I insist."

The older man arched a brow, "are you going to be honest with me?"

"I am sir, I haven't wished Vega a good morning yet."

"You and I will never get along." He rumbled, "but it doesn't seem like my daughter is going to realize that you are holding her back anytime soon. So you and I will need to come to terms with one another."

I grit my teeth, "I assure you mr. Moore I don't intend on holding Vega back, I support her in whatever she wants to do."

"And if she becomes a cop, then what Wulf?"

"Then I wait for her at night until she comes home so I know she wasn't hurt on duty. What is this about Sir, I respect you as Vegas father but you know I don't like games I don't start."

"You are taking her down a dark path Wulf. Its concerning me."

I sighed a but, crossing my arms, "I am not taking her anywhere, I have a monitor on my ankle. And Vega isn't going to just follow me wherever I go and whatever I do."

Even though she kind of is...

"Everything Vega does." I added, "is her decision."