Chapter 16: Heart Attack

We arrived at school late and I had to go into the office with Edward with an excuse to why I was late which by the way was a complete lie. I didn't dare turn to say goodbye. I murmured a small thanks to the women who gave me a slip that excused me of my absents. I rushed out towards to Social Studies, I could feel Edward's eye piercing into my back watching my every movement.

************************************

Later at lunch, as I walked out of Language Arts, Fernando shouted out me name, "hey Bloom, hold up!" I turned and smiled at him as he ran to catch up to me. "Where were you in the morning?" he asked, I shrugged, "woke up late" he shook his head, "that's a bunch of bs","just leave it as bs, it's very complicated" I shook my head as we made it towards the back stop where we always hung out now a days. "You don't want to get lunch?" I asked as I lean against the back stop, he shook his head, "I'm good" I gave him a your not fooling me look. "Your not gonna starve yourself on my watch" I pulled him up which made us moth trip, him falling on top of me.

His lips were only inches away from mine and I can smell the cherry flavor of the gum he was chewing. "Y-our on me" I say slowly, he laughed nervously, "yeah I noticed" with that he got off me quickly and sat me up too. He dusts himself off as I did the same. I stood up and gently pulled him up. He smiles and then his eyes go wide. "What?" I ask, "what's wrong?", he just stares and points towards the barbwire fence that surrounded our school. I slowly turned to what he was pointing, and for a split second I saw nothing wrong.

All I saw was a girl, a tall and skinny girl with bright blonde yellow hair. She was twiggy, and her hair reached her waist. Tight black jeggings and a blue tank top. Dark red lips. Beside her was a tall, good looking boy. He was ivory skinned with dark brown eyes and dark brown spiky hair. He wore skinny jeans with a Super Mario t-shirt. They both wore combat boots. "Don't you recognize her?" Fernando whispered, that's when I got a good look at her. The hair...her eyes....

"Stella?" I whispered, she flinched at the sound of her name. "Is that you?" I asked again as I narrowed my eyes. She said nothing but took steps towards the fence. When she was face to face with the fence she pulled out a type of sword: a silver stake. She swung the sword and cut open a giant hole for her and the boy to walk through. I took a step back and pushed Fernando closer to the back stop. "Fernando, I dunno what's going on but I want you to run","what?! no? I'm not leaving you here!" he said, "they have a stake, they plan to kill. yo-","what side are you on Fernie?" said Stella in a cold, icy voice, "don't you know what she is?".

"I know who she is" he snapped, "and that's all that matters","she's a monster Fernie, she's goin to kill you one day" said the boy, he stepped forward, "don't you remember me?","how can I forget you?" Fernando said bitterly, "your Zayne Markos and your a vampire hunter". "In training" he corrected, Stella shrugged, "Leave this to us Fernando we can here to get rid off the monster","she's not a monster" he snapped. "She's a vampire that's all it takes to be a monste-","stop saying the word monster" I snapped as I glared at her.

"But that's what you are a-","Stop!" I snap, "I'm not monster","yes you are, you kill for your food that's monster enough" said the guy named Zayne. I shook my head, "killing for pleasure is a monster, but doing what you have to survive isn't, now Fernando run" I push him so he could start running while I punched the guy in the stomach. His eyes nearly pop out from the impact, and he lands in the floor, head first. "Aaahhh!!!" I hear a battle cry from Stella as she charged at me with the stake. I easily stopped it and tripped her, "stop it, I don't want to hurt you". Zayne got up and began to charge at me when Fernando threw him across the grass. Zayne landed in a thump on the ground. Stella then charged at me again and I dodged her easily.

That's when I noticed, while Fernando and Zayne rolled on the grass fighting, Zayne's hand was pulling out a silver stake. Like a flash, he sank the silver stake into his heart. His face turned into a twisted pale pained face. Everything slowed down, except my heart. My heart was beating so fast, it felt as if I was having a heart attack and couldn't gasp for air. Without anymore time wasting, I ran with inhuman speed and yanked Zayne off across the field slamming into a rock, head first. I then yanked the stake out of his heart and threw it aside. He cried in pain as I brought him onto my lap. "Fernando???" I whispered, my fingers shaking against his bleeding chest, he smiled weakly, "hey, Bloom you look so perfect from down here" I sustained the urge to smack him. I smiled bleakly, "Are you ok?" he shook his head and looked up into the sky, "I'm not gonna make it","No! don't say that!","its true, I'm not gonna make it" I shook my head, tears now spilling down my cheek, splashing on his face.

"There has to be something I can do" I whispered looking around frantic, his eyes widen, "how..were....you able to still be alive right now?" he asked weakly, "I was bitten-" he gave me a nod, I shook my head with panic. He smiled and stroked my cheek, "it's your choice, otherwise I think I see grandpa up there waiting for me" I shook him, "no!! stay with me" he smiled, and slowly he closed his eyes and breath began to still. "NOO!! FERNANDO!!!" I cried angrily, "no!!! Your all monsters! your the monsters!!! killing without mercy, how dare you kill him!" I looked down at his stilling body.

I shook my head before I closed my eyes and leaned into his neck. I kissed him at first, not trusting myself with his blood all over. But I also knew it would be a matter time before he would leave completely. That's when I bit into him, with all my might. His blood was......magical. I could feel his whole life, whole essence within his veins. His whole life flashed before my eyes, from the moment he was born to this very moment to which he died in my arms. His version of me was different, through his eyes I was a whole other person, I was someone human. That realization touched my heart.

And that's when I also felt a pang in my heart. No not a pang, a strong pain, like a cut or slash upon my heart. I open my eyes and lowered my head to see a silver stake pointing out of my heart. My eyes go wide as I turned up to see Stella, who was tearing up, pull the sword out of me. I crumbled to the ground, and tried my hardest to gasp for air. Breath, Bloom breath. I eyed her weakly, "the true monsters are the one that kill without mercy, what you both just did is what monsters do...." with that my eyes grew heavy, and my heart was giving way. "Bloom" I can hear a distant sob, "I'm so sorry" and those were the last words I heard before I gave my last breath and my heart stopped beating.