Chapter 2. Healing Part 2

Mikey woke up and yawned rubbing his eyes, Mikey got out of his bed and headed for the kitchen 'everyone is sad, maybe a nice breakfast will help.' Mikey thought as he got out a few pans, and by a few I mean legit all of them.

Leo was second to wake up, he stretched out his arms slowly sitting up as the smell of bacon and eggs flowed through the room. Leo got up and walked to the lab 'morning Mikey.' Leo said passing he kitchen. 'morning Leo, breakfast will be ready soon.' Mikey replied flipping the bacon. 'okay thanks' Leo said, as he entered the lab he frowned as he walked over to Splinter who was still out cold 'hey Dad, I don't know if you can hear me but, it's gonna be okay you can get through this, I know you can.' Leo said 'just don't give up' he sighed and left the lab sadly. Mikey smiled as Leo sat at the table 'how is he?' Mikey asked, his smile fading away. 'the same as yesterday.' Leo replied sadly. Mikey looked down and sniffled. Leo got up and hugged him tight 'it's okay Mikey, I'm sure he'll be fine.' Leo said. Mikey nodded and hid his face in his brothers shoulder squeezing him tight. 'the eggs!' Leo gasped pulling away from the hug to grab the pan off the stove only to jerk his hand away. He winced in pain as he rubbed his hand 'yea um, the uh...the handle on that pan gets hot.' Mikey said 'no kidding.' Leo said as he ran cold water over his sore hand. Mikey grabbed a oven mitt and pulled it off the stove. Leo dried his hand off and sat down.

Karai rolled over trying to get comfortable but it didn't work so she rolled onto her other side right onto her no longer broken but still very sore arm, Karai jumped up as pain shot through her 'ouch' she said, Karai looked around curiously, there were a few posters hung on the walls, a small desk sat in on of the corners, katanas were displayed on one wall, Karai looked down at the sheets, they were faded blue, this must be Leo's room, but where's Leo? Karai got up and tightened her arm brace and left, Karai slowly meandered into the kitchen and sat next to Leo 'you could have warned me' Leo said 'you never gave me the chance to' Mikey said 'oh hey sis' he added, Leo looked beside him and smiled 'good morning Karai, how'd you sleep' Leo asked 'okay I guess, thank you for...' Leo held up his hand 'don't mention it' he smiled, Karai smiled back and gasped 'what happed to your hand' she asked 'well I um...' Leo blushed 'he burnt it trying to rescue the eggs' Mikey giggled, Karai smirked 'that's very noble of you, you should be rewarded' Karai teased her smirk widening, Leo rolled his eyes 'whatever' Leo replied looking away. Shini walked out yawning 'hey Shini' Karai said 'hmm' Shini replied sitting down beside Karai, Shini slumped against Karai and sighed 'not a morning person I take it' Leo said, Karai giggled 'not a bit' she replied, Raph walked in 'when breakfast' he asked 'it's ready, but where's Donnie' Mikey said 'i'm here' Donnie said walking in with a clipboard setting it down beside him on the table, Karai nudged Shini, Shini groaned and sat up 'dig in' Mikey said setting down the plates. 'this is really good' Shini said, Mikey smiled 'thanks' he said blushing lightly, Karai sighed as her phone rang crap it's the hospital' she said 'answer it' Shini said, Karai sigh 'hello' she said 'miss Karai, where are you' said the nurse 'home' Karai replied 'ma'am you have to come back to the hospital' they said 'i don't see why I'm doing fine' Karai said 'we'll see, at least come back for a check up' they replied 'alright bye' Karai said hanging up.

While Shini took Karai to the hospital for a check up, April and Casey showed up 'hey guys' April said 'hey April' Donnie said smiling slightly 'how is he' she asked 'as well as can be expected' Donnie said, Mikey took the dishes to the sink and started to wash them until Leo stopped him 'I'll take care of them' Leo said, Mikey nodded as he left to his room, Raph sighed as he fed chompy his breakfast 'so are we gonna go after any foot today' Casey asked 'maybe la...' 'no' Leo said sternly 'nobody's going after the foot' Leo said drying his hands 'Shredder's gone, we should attack now while there's a weak spot' Raph said, Leo turned to them 'i said no Raph' Leo said clenching his fists, Mikey, who had come out of his room peaked into the kitchen, 'Leo we have to do something' Raph said standing up, Leo looked up at his brother 'no' Leo said again 'why not' Raph asked, but he pushed it too far 'because I can't loose any of you' Leo said and walked to his room, Leo plopped down on his bed and cried to himself, Mikey slowly walked past Leo's room 'Leo' Mikey said as he knocked 'go away' Leo said, Mikey looked down and walked back into the kitchen and crossed his arms as he looked at Raph, Raph looked down shamefully. Karai and Shini walked back into the lair, they walked into the kitchen with everyone else 'is something wrong' Shini asked 'Raph screwed up' Casey whispered even though everyone could hear it, Raph glared at Casey. Raph left the kitchen and walked slowly to Leo's room, he tapped on the screen lightly 'Leo I... Leo I'm sorry' Raph said sniffling quietly, Leo pulled back his screen and pulled him into a hug, Raph hugged back 'i'm sorry, I just...I just don't know what to do' Raph said pulling away 'me either' Leo said 'come on, let's go check on Splinter' Leo said, when they reached the lab they couldn't help but smile, Mikey was playing checkers with Shini while Karai and April watched while Casey was "helping" 'go there, no wait go here' Casey said, Shini groaned 'does he ever go away' Shini asked 'no' Donnie said rolling his eyes 'so how did things go at the hospital' Leo asked 'fine, except all the pills I have to take' Karai said 'that reminds me, why are you out so early' April asked, Karai smirked 'i broke out' April gasped 'with Shini and Leo's help of course' Karai added 'you broke her out of the hospital' April asked looking to Leo, Leo nodded 'guys' Donnie said, Mikey moved a checker cornering Shini's 'that's cheating' she said 'guys' Donnie said louder 'cheating, it's completely fair' Mikey said 'GUYS' Donnie yelled, everyone looked towards him 'i think he's waking up' Donnie said. Splinter opened his eyes weakly 'Father' Karai said as she gripped his hand 'sensei' Raph said 'my children... what...h.. happened' he asked coughing 'Shredder happened father' Leo said 'you're gonna be okay Dad' Donnie said, Mikey smiled 'hang in there Papa' Mikey said, Splinter smiled 'Miwa' he said softly, Karai smiled 'yea father' she asked 'wh...what are you do..doing here' he asked 'i had to see you' she said 'i'm glad you did' Splinter replied, he smiled 'Leonardo' Splinter said weakly 'what is it Father' Leo asked 'my son, you're the oldest of your brothers and also the leader, and if anything happens to me...' Splinter started coughing 'sensei...' Leo said 'you'll be the head of the family' Splinter said, Leo nodded as a tear fell down his cheek 'my sons, and daughter, I love you all...so much...' Splinter closed his eyes as his body teased from the pain 'i'm so proud of all of you' Splinter said 'Dad, no..' Karai said her eyes filling with tears, Leo rested a hand on her shoulder 'goodbye my family...' Splinter said as his eyes fell shut...