Chapter 9.

'can we go home now?' Mikey whined as he followed Raph and Donnie. Raph groaned turning to him 'Mikey if you don't...'. Donnie got in between them 'that's enough kids, we're going home.' he said. Mikey smiled 'woohoo!' he cheered as they started walking home.

Leo picked up the TV remote as the documentary ended 'so, what do you want to watch?' he asked flipping through the channels. Karai shrugged 'it doesn't matter, anything is fine.' she said. Leo smirked 'anything?' he asked looking over at her. Karai nodded in response. Leo looked back at the TV 'promise you won't make fun of me?' he asked. 'yea I promise.' Karai replied both confused and eager to see what he was gonna pick. Leo smiled as he clicked on his favorite show. After a few very short seconds of watching Karai raised an eyebrow and turned to look at him 'Space Heros?' she asked. Leo nodded happily 'sshhh.' he said eyes glued to the screen. Karai rolled her eyes and leaned against him pulling out her phone. Leo blushed as he glanced over to see Karai snuggled against him, but he frowned slightly seeing her on her phone, he moved his arm from around her and snatched her phone. 'hey!' Karai yelled reaching for in. Leo held it out of her reach 'you're going to miss the best part!' he said pointing to the TV. Karai went to grab her phone again but Leo quickly tossing into his other hand 'Leo give it back!' she demanded. Leo smirked 'no, I think I'll keep it.' he said. 'fine I'll watch the show, okay?' Karai replied. Leo smiled as he gave her phone back to her and put his arm back around her. Karai put her phone in her pocket and leaned against him again. Leo looked over at her as he hesitantly wrapped his arm around around her waist. Grinning Karai met his gaze, she blushed lightly as he leaned in and kissed her cheek. As Leo pulled away from her, he smirked 'you're blushing.' he teased. Karai rolled her eyes 'shut up.' she replied turning to face the TV. Looking at the TV, Leo frowned 'we missed the best part.' he groaned. 'please don't make me watch more of this.' Karai complained. Leo opened his mouth to defend his show when he heard his brothers walking down the tunnels. He frowned slightly as he removed his arm from around Karai. She scooted away from him slightly and grinned at him making him smile. 'Leo we're back!' Mikey yelled as he walked into the lair 'hey sis!' he said upon seeing Karai. 'hey.' she replied. 'how was patrol?' Leo asked as they got up and walked over to them. 'good, we didn't see anything.' Raph answered as he walked over to the kitchen to get a drink. 'how are you feeling Leo?' Donnie asked. Leo smiled 'a lot better.' he said. Donnie nodded 'we should check your temperature.' he said motioning to the lab. Leo nodded and Donnie headed for the lab. Karai looked down at her phone 'I gotta go, let me know how you're feeling in the morning.' she said. Leo nodded and smiled 'I will, goodnight Karai.' he said. Karai grinned back at him 'goodnight Leo.' she said as she turned and left the lair. Leo sighed as he watched her go. Raph looked over at him from the kitchen and smirked 'you enjoying the view fearless?' he teased. Leo blushed deeply 'no! I was... just uh... shut up!' he said as he headed for the lab leaving Raph laughing his shell off. 'what's so funny?' Mikey asked looking at Raph. 'someday you'll understand.' he said getting up and heading for his room. 'but I wanna understand now!' Mikey whined.

The next morning Leo woke up feeling great, after getting dressed he left his room and went to meditate, after that he made breakfast for himself and decided to text Karai.

Leo: good morning Karai.
Karai: morning Leo. How are you feeling?
Leo: I feel great.
Leo: so maybe we could go out tonight?
Karai: sounds good to me.
Leo: awesome! I'll pick you up at 6.
Karai: can't wait. See you then Leo.
Leo: see you then.

Leo quickly finished his breakfast and washed his dishes before going to his room. He grabbed a note book and a pencil before sitting down on his bed to write down things he needed do before tonight. 'hey Leo, it's time for training.' Raph said stepping into Leo's room. Leo looked up at him and nodded 'I'm coming.' he said. Raph nodded and left. Leo slid the notebook under his pillow and left. 'morning Leo. feeling better?' Donnie asked before taking a sip of his coffee. Leo nodded 'I feel fantastic.' he said smiling 'now let's train I've got a busy schedule today.' he said heading for the dojo. The others followed him 'what do you mean?' Mikey asked. Leo grinned 'Karai and I are going out tonight.' he answered. 'do you need help getting anything ready?' Donnie asked. 'yes.' Leo replied. Donnie smiled and nodded. 'can I help with something?' Mikey begged. Leo nodded 'I'm gonna need all your help. tonight has to be perfect.' he said looking at them. 'we'll do what we can Leo.' Raph said placing a hand on his shoulder. Leo smiled at them 'thanks guys.' he said. 'of course. now come on.' Raph said as he grabbed his sais 'A team verses B team.' he said with a smirk. Leo joined him drawing his katanas. Mikey grinned 'get ready to lose!' he said as he charged.