Chapter 10. First Date.

Leo sighed peeking through the curtains again 'she's still not here.' he said as he began pacing. Mr Murakami smiled 'Leonardo, sit down, relax. She'll be here soon.' he said. Leo smiled back taking one last glance out the window 'she's coming!' he gasped pulling away from the window. 'deep breaths.' Mr Murakami said reassuringly 'your food will be ready soon.' he said walking to the back room. Leo quickly went over to one of the tables where a speaker connected to his T-phone was, he turned on a playlist he made specifically for his, soft piano music filled the air. He took a deep breath as he turned his attention to the door as it opened and Karai stepped in. Upon seeing her his jaw dropped. She was wearing a leather jacket over a burgundy shirt and black jean leggings, her makeup was different too, the red streaks were gone and the colors were slightly lighter. 'whoa...' Leo said unable to take his eyes off her 'Karai you... you look... stunning.' he said 'not that you don't always! because you do! you're very beautiful... I mean... um... heh' Leo blushed as he rubbed his neck nervously. Karai blushed 'you really think so?' she asked. Leo nodded 'of course.' he said smiling sweetly, he melted as she smiled back at him. Leo offered her his hand, which she took, and lead her to a table in the corner. The table was covered in a white tablecloth and a bouquet of red roses were lying there. Leo picked up the flowers 'these are for you.' he said blushing deeply as he held them out to her. Karai took them and smiled 'Leo they're beautiful.' she said looking down at them trying to hide her own blush 'thank you.' she said. 'you're welcome.' Leo said smiling happily as he pulled out a chair for her. 'such a gentleman.' she said as she sat down and set the flowers on the table beside her. Leo pushed her chair in just and sat down across from her just as Murakami walked out from the back 'hello Karai.' he said. 'hello Murakami.' she replied. 'do you two know what you'd like?' Murakami asked. 'I'll have the pizza gyoza.' Leo said. Karai nodded 'I'll have the same.' she said. Murakami nodded and went back to the kitchen. 'would you like some tea?' Leo asked as he grabbed the kettle. Karai nodded 'sure.' she. Leo took her cup and poured some into it before filling his own. 'thank you Leo.' Karai said with a smile. Leo smiled back 'you're welcome.' he replied. A few minutes later Murakami came out with their plates, Leo got up 'I'll get it.' h said carefully taking them from him. Murakami smiled 'thank you Leonardo.' he said. Leo smiled back 'no, thank you.' he said before walking back to the table and setting the plates down. When he sat down he noticed one of his was missing, he looked up at Karai to see her smirking 'hey!' he said. 'I just had to make sure yours weren't better.' Karai replied. Leo grinned and rolled his eyes 'yea okay.' he said. Karai picked up one of her own 'here.' she said holding it out to him. Leo blushed lightly. 'come on.' Karai said. Leo listened and let her feed him. 'there now we're even.' she said.
After they finished eating Leo paid and they left. 'Karai, do you remember where we met?' he asked as the walked into an alley. Karai nodded 'of course I do. why?' she replied. 'I wanna show you something.' Leo answered looking at her. Karai nodded 'we'll have to stop by my place, I'll put them in water.' she said looking down at her flowers. Leo nodded and they headed for the Foot Clan base. Karai went in and Leo waited outside, he looked up at the sky. Karai soon joined him again 'ready?' she asked. Leo nodded and smiled. Karai smirked 'good, race ya.' she said before taking off. Leo smirked as he ran after her.
Almost there, Karai looked back for Leo to tease him but he wasn't there, she stopped and looked around 'Leo?' she said.
A figure moved in the shadows, quietly sneaking up on Karai until they jumped out. 'Karai!' Leo yelled. Karai instinctively went to punch them but stopped herself 'you idiot, I almost punched you.' she said. Leo chuckled 'that just means I scared you.' he said with a smirk. Karai rolled her eyes and grinned 'shut up.' she replied playfully shoving his shoulder. Leo smirked 'make me.' he said. Karai smirked back 'oh I will.' she replied getting into position.
Leo did the same 'first one on the ground loses.' he said.
The two teens sparred for a while until Karai threw a punch and Leo blocked it. She pulled her arm to her and hissed in pain. Leo's eyes widened 'Karai! I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to!' he said as he reached out to her. Karai smirked as she took his hand and pulled him towards her, she spun around him and pushed him onto the roof. Leo groaned 'no fair.' he mumbled as he got up. Karai laughed 'you're just upset that I beat you.' she teased. Leo rolled his eyes 'you only won because I let my guard down.' he said. 'whatever you need to tell yourself Leo.' Karai replied walking away from him. Leo grinned as he quickly followed her. The rest of the way they walked hand in hand.
Once there Leo felt relieved seeing everything in place. He smiled 'come on.' he said softly. Karai smiled back as she followed him over to where a blanket had been laid out with pillows a few blankets on it along with a coffee table. A few candles were set on the table. And a cooler and a box had been set by the blanket. Leo lead her over and Karai sat down. Leo went over to the cooler and pulled out two milkshakes and went back to her and set them on the table, and he went to sit down across from her. Karai rolled her eyes 'what, scared to sit next to me?' she teased. Leo blushed lightly as he went to sit beside her. Karai scooted closer to him. Leo grinned as he wrapped his arm around around her 'Shini told me you like chocolate.' he said handing her a chocolate milkshake. Karai smiled 'you're gonna spoil me Leo.' she said as she leaned into him. Leo smiled back 'I'm okay with that.' he said. Karai closed her eyes 'I guess I'll have to spoil you back.' she said. 'sounds like a plan to me.' Leo replied making her giggle. As they drank their milkshakes they began talking about their interests.

Eventually they found themselves lying side by side, hands clasped together. Leo checked the time on his phone, he looked over at Karai to see her staring up at the sky, he followed her gaze. 'it's a beautiful night.' she said. Leo smiled 'yea it is.' he replied 'it's getting late.' he said. 'I know. well come on, I need to get you home before curfew.' Karai teased with a smirk. Leo rolled his eyes as they got up 'you're such a tease.' he said. Karai gasped 'me?.' she said. Leo grinned 'yes you.' he said crossing his arms. Karai sighed 'Leo, thank you for tonight. it's been amazing.' she said smiling. Leo rubbed his arm 'so... does that mean you'll go out with me again?' he asked grinning. 'yea, it does.' Karai replied. Leo smiled warmly as he reached out his hand. Karai took his hand and they left.

At Karai's place.

Karai sighed 'thanks again Leo.' she said before leaning in to kiss his cheek, she pulled away but still stayed close to him. Leo blushed and smiled 'you don't have to thank me.' he replied, his blush got darker as he looked down at the ground 'um... Karai?' he said. 'yes?' she replied. Leo took a deep breath as he looked up at her 'can... can I kiss you?' he asked quietly. Karai blushed as she froze. But she soon grinned 'you can.' she answered. Leo couldn't help but smile as he wrapped his arms around her and leaned in to connect their lips. Karai placed her hands against his chest and kissed back. Leo had waited for this moment for so long, not just to kiss her but to hold her. He pulled away a few moments later, grinning like a fool. Karai grinned back 'you're adorable Leonardo.' she said. After a few minutes Leo sighed 'I should get back to the lair.' he said frowning slightly. Karai nodded 'goodnight Leo.' she said before leaning in to peck his lips again before pulling away from him completely. 'goodnight Karai.' Leo replied as he let go of her. He watched as she disappeared before heading home as happy as could be.