Chapter 7. Game Night.

'spill it.' Shini said...

Karai smiled 'I got a date.' she said. Shini squealed hugging her tightly 'oh my gosh! You two will be so cute together!'. 'Shini the arm!' Karai cringed slightly. Shini pulled away 'sorry.' she said. 'so, are you nervous?' April asked. 'to be honest, yea.' Karai answered. 'why? Leo's basically in love with you, it's obvious.' Shini replied. 'well duh. But I don't wanna mess something up. Besides you Shini, he's my best friend.' Karai said with a sigh. 'Karai, we don't know each other very well but...' April paused glancing to the living room 'but I know that Leo likes you a lot. And I honestly don't believe anything will change that.' she said. Karai smiled 'I don't know what I did to make him feel that way, but I'm sure glad I did it.' she said looking over at where Raph and Donnie were still interrogating Leo. 'you're getting sappy.' Shini said smiling. 'shut it.' Karai replied lightly elbowing her side. April grinned 'well I'd better wash the dishes.' she said getting up. 'you wash I'll dry.' Shini said gathering up the dishes just as Mikey came in carrying an armload of board games. 'I got the games!' he said setting them down on the table.

-----------------------------------------
'what happened?' Donnie asked as he and Raph made Leo sit on the couch. Leo blushed rubbing his neck 'I asked her out.' he said. 'finally! It took you forever.' Raph replied smirking. 'I assume she said yes.' Donnie said. Leo grinned 'yep!' he said cheerfully. 'how'd you ask?' Raph asked. 'well, I just asked her.' Leo replied still grinning widely. 'well congrats Leo.' Donnie said smiling 'when's your date?' he asked. 'tomorrow night.' Leo answered. Raph smirked 'you gonna kiss her?' he teased. Leo blushed 'um... uh...' he said awkwardly. 'I got the games!' Mikey said carrying an armload of board games. 'come on lover boy.' Raph said shoving Leo's shoulder teasingly as they walked back to the kitchen. 'so what do you guys wanna play?' Mikey asked looking the the stack of games. 'how about Monopoly?' Donnie suggested sitting down. 'that game takes forever.' Raph said sitting beside him with Chompy curled up fast asleep in his arms. 'does anybody want any hot tea?' Leo asked putting a kettle on the stove. 'I'll take some.' Karai replied. 'me too.' April said drying off her hands. 'I'm gonna make some coffee.' Donnie said getting up. Leo turned to sit down seeing a seat next to Karai, he grinned but tried to hide it as he sat down 'hey.' he said looking over at her. 'hi.' Karai replied grinning at him. 'okay what are we playing?' April asked sitting down. 'How about Uno?' Leo asked pulling it out of the pile. 'okay!' Mikey said. 'can anyone shuffle.' Leo asked pulling the cards out. 'Karai, do you wanna shuffle the cards?' Raph asked smirking. 'Raphael!' Leo said frowning at him. Karai smirked taking the cards from Leo and quickly shuffled them one handed 'there.' she said placing them in the middle of the table. Raph nodded 'not bad.' he said. 'how'd you do that?' Mikey asked. 'lots of practice. I could teach you sometime if you want.' Karai offered. Mikey smiled 'thanks.' he replied. Grabbing his cup of coffee and sitting down. Leo got up hearing the kettle whistling, he poured the water into three cups 'here you go.' he said placing the cups on the table along with a small basket of tea bags 'thanks Leo.' Karai said as he sat back down. April nodded 'thanks.' she said. Leo smiled 'you're welcome.' he replied.
After a few more rounds of Uno Mikey groaned 'can we play something else now? Leo keeps winning.' he whined. Leo smirked 'isn't it great.' he said placing down a card 'Uno.' he said making Mikey groan. 'don't worry, he's not winning this time.' Karai said placing down a reverse card 'Uno.' she smirked placing a draw four card down 'nice.' Leo said. Mikey smiled 'let's play something else.' he said looking through the pile. 'you guys can but I should get home.' April said getting up with a yawn. 'do you need someone to walk you home?' Donnie asked getting up as well. April smiled 'no I'll be fine. goodnight guys.' she said leaving the lair.