Chapter 4 - Movies, Peasants, and Chocolate

Oliver's POV

Three Weeks Later - Friday

Laying on my bed, I covered my face with my hands. What was I waiting for? Evelyn, obviously. But I wouldn't see her until Monday morning, unless she talked to me first. I was to nervous to talk to her now. 

I was treading on very thin ice, and I knew it too. Every time I talked to her, saw her, or even thought of her, I was falling for her. And I was desperately trying not to like her in that way, because I knew I would only get hurt. She had already friend-zoned me. 

A call from the downstairs hallway hauled me from my thoughts. "Oliver! The girl with the black hair you won't stop talking about is here!" 

My face heated up, and I leapt out of bed, rushing down the stairs before my brother could say something else embarrassing. Unfortunately that also made me look very eager to see her. Which I was, but no one was supposed to know that. 

"Calm down." My brother laughed at me. 

I blushed. "I am calm." Then my eyes averted to Evelyn, standing there awkwardly on the doorstep, waiting. "Hey." I smiled, pushing my brother out of the way and taking his place at the door. 

"Greetings peasant." She joked. "My dad's friend is sick so he went to stay in hospital with him for a few days. I'm bored." She held up a bag of snacks in one hand and movies in the other. "I come bearing chocolate and entertainment."

"How can I refuse such a great offer?" I grinned, moving aside. "Come in."

 This was her first time being here. My parents had no idea who she was, or that I had even made a new friend, let alone a girl. My brother knew little about her from what he had seen of us hanging out at school, and when he had come in as I had been talking to her at the window.

My mother let out a fangirl-like noise when Evelyn and I walked into the lounge. I had to pass through here to get to the stairs, and up to my room. I'd had no choice. 

But now I was wishing we went through the trouble of climbing into my room through the second storey window. 

"So that's who was at the door! Oliver, when were you going to tell me you had a girlfriend!"

And there it was, just as I had expected. I knew this was going to happen, so I had already practiced my calm, level headed response. "Mom, we're just friends." I said, willing the redness to stay off my cheeks. 

I introduced them, but cut their conversation short before my mother could say something weird. Only when we were both in my room with the door closed, could I relax.

We put the first movie on; and sat down on my bed. There was no other spaces to sit in my room apart from the floor. Evelyn didn't seem to mind. She made use of all the extra room and made herself comfortable, causing me to chuckle. 

Things were off to a good start. Movies, and chocolates; the perfect things to expand your friendship. 

__________

That sad moment when no one is there for you to call a 'Unipotato...'  But to all my future viewers, HELLO!  And I'm sorry this chapter is short. It's a filler.