Chapter 13 - First Kiss

Evelyn's POV

Sunday

I woke up, instantly remembering my presence in Oliver's arms. They were still draped around me now. I loved the feeling. He was still asleep, his face now pressed cutely against my cheek, as he breathed deeply. 

This meant he liked me, right?

Of course. No one would ever hug a friend like this. 

So, all my feelings weren't one sided after all?I was to shocked and dumbfounded to know what to do. This whole time I had been having these feelings about him, and he could be having them about me too. I had no idea what came next. 

He liked me, I liked him. 

I was becoming frustrated with my thought process, and being in his arms was making me upset, because I still didn't know exactly what he meant by holding me like that. I couldn't believe he liked me until he told me himself. 

I slowly started to move his arms from around me, trying not to wake him up. I didn't do any better with that than I had last night. His eyes flew open, and he wrapped his arms tighter around me with a groan. 

"Stay with me for a little longer..." He whined, enclosing me in his arms again. 

He couldn't seem to get back to sleep though, so he started to run his fingers through my hair with his trembling hand. I leant into his touch. 

"Evelyn, can you do something for me?" He asked. It was an odd request. I thought he would bring up what happened last night - what was still happening now. 

"Sure." I said, confused. 

Then he got closer to my ear and murmured, "Count to three." His breath on my neck sent shivers down my spine, and blood rushing to my head. 

Nevertheless, I started to count. Before I could reach number three, his lips smashed to mine. I forgot about everything that was happening before. The only thing I focused on was the feeling of his lips on mine. 

So focused, that I hadn't even bothered to move my own lips. 

Oliver pulled away, his face red with humiliation. I didn't let him speak. I wrapped my arms around his neck to bring him closer and connected our lips again, closing my eyes. I didn't know how to kiss, but with Oliver, no matter what I did it felt right. 

When we pulled away our foreheads were still pressed together, our noses almost touching. My lips had a tingling sensation in them that wouldn't go away. 

Oliver was grinning ear to ear. My smile was small and shy, a deep blush covering my face.

"Finally. I've been waiting to do that forever." He said quietly. 

"You have?" I asked as my heart exploded. I was sad we had both liked each other and stayed friends for so long, but  was also happy that we had finally kissed now. "So have I."

With that, he leaned forward and kissed me again. For at least ten minutes we were stuck in a make out session, unable to stop kissing each other.We were trying to make up for all the time we had lost thinking our feelings were one sided. 

Oliver and I finally managed to detach our lips. He stood up and held his hand out to help me. I took his hand, and he hauled me up. When we were both standing he still didn't let go, instead taking my other hand too, and looking me straight in the eye. I had to look away. His gaze was so intense. 

"Evelyn." He said softly. "Will you be my girlfriend? I-I know your typically supposed to go out on a few dates first, but I've been waiting so long to call you mine, and we've already done all that stuff together." My heart was beating to fast for me to respond, so he continued his rambling. "Your already my best friend. Think of it as... taking things to a new level."

I smiled and interlocked my fingers and I nodded. "O-Okay. Yes." I said with a blush. 

"So, your really mine?" Oliver asked in awe. 

I nodded again, and he let go of my hands to give me a giant, excited hug. "I'm going to be the best boyfriend ever, I promise." He said with his lopsided grin. "And I won't break your heart, ever."

"That's good to know." I managed to choke out, my shock and happiness overwhelming me. 

It was hard to believe that we were really together. One moment we were friends. And the next we were lovers. I didn't know how to react, so I just went with the flow. I was to happy to care. 

Oliver, the boy I had wanted for so long, was finally mine.