SCENE 1 -The Root-

(Light's out. Background music na pang fairy tales...)

(Light slowly fades in)

Setting: Inside the Palace

(guards are frantically running and line up. The voice of the angry Red Queen can be heard from the background)

RQ: (shouting angrily) who stole my tart???! (Looks at every guard then ask them)

RQ: you. Did you steal my tarts? (calmly)

Guard 1: No. your majesty. (shaking)

RQ: you. Did you?

Guard 2: No. Your majesty.

(lalampas sa isang guard and makikita nya na sobra talagang kinakabahan yung isang guard sa unahan. Yung gurad, hindi nya makokontrol ang sarili at mapapatingin sa guard na nalampasan. Babalik si RQ sa guard na nalampasan.)

RQ: you. Did you steal my tart??

Guard 3: No. your majesty. (nanginginig na nagsasalita)

RQ: I will ask you again. (whisper) Did you steal my tarts?

Guard 3: No. Your majesty. (unsure)

(lalapit sa guard na makikita ang remains ng tart sa pisngi. Kukuhanin at titigan mabuti)

RQ: hmmm. This looks like a berry juice. (Stood up. Still poker faced)

Off with his head! (walks away adamantly)

Guard 3: (defensive habang hinihila ng ibang mga guard) (lulupagi) I was too hungry. (pleading) I didn't mean to... Nooo. Pleaseee. Nooo. Your majesty... (begging)

My family. Oh please. Please don't! I have little ones to look after..

Nooo. (still pleading while being dragged away)(RQ poker faced)

(freeze) (light's out)

Setting: Inside the Palace

(may couch pero nakaupo sina Mother and RQ sa floor na may carpet)

Narration: Not all characters in every story has a "happily ever after". Once upon a time, someone decided to have villains in each story and they were the losers. But there are two sides in every story and theirs has never been told...

Most of us knew the story of a child named Alice who out of curiosity came to know a place called "Wonderland". Well, this story isn't about her but about a Queen – the Red Queen.

(light's on)

(para sa pagpasok ng childhood ni Red queen)

(Pasok ang scene ng mother and red queen. May hawak na book si mother habang kinakausap si red queen. Read a part of the book audibly pero mahina. Sa other side ng stage, nandun si King Steve with Mirana.)

Narrator: The Red Queen that we all knew, her name was Trystein. Trystein was once a wonderful child with her little sister Mirana. She loves to read and like every other girls, she love satins, ribbons, tarts and (pause) just little things. Yes. That's peculiar of her, you see. (laugh in voice)

But like any other story, there are conflicts that are inevitable. One of theirs was like the story of Esau and Jacob. King Steve favors Mirana and Queen Rihanna favors Trystein. Well, they wouldn't admit it, would they?

But believe it or not – that was the root of all these...

(Intense background music)

Because one night, there was a tragedy that no one could ever imagine. A tragedy that would require choices (light slowly fades out) – choices that would change each of their lives...

-Light's Out-